Need help with CoD4 admin

Chaos310
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Need help with CoD4 admin

Post by Chaos310 »

I have a cod4 server and I have no idea how to use the admin on it. I know its all rcon based, but I can't figure out how to ban/kick people. Is there any mod similar to CS's amx mod for Cod4?
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Need help with CoD4 admin

Post by Nick|NFo »

Please refer to our CoD4 Server Administration guide in our tutorials section here, http://forums.nfoservers.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3479.

If you have any questions beyond this, please let us know.
-Nick
Chaos310
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Chaos310 »

I actually did look at that, and i had a few extra questions. The /rcon status command isn't displaying the id's like I thought it was supposed to. Is it similar to cs's status command or is there another command needed to get the id's of people. I also tried the /rcon banuser <name> command, and it isn't working either. I don't know if I am doing it wrong. :(
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

You have to make sure you are using the right number and also make sure you are using the specific name.

You will see a list of numbers on the far left side when you go rcon status, its 0 1 2 3 4, etc. Use these numbers to kick/ban people by #.

For example, /rcon banclient 3
-Nick
AstroZombie
A regular
A regular

Post by AstroZombie »

I use two tools to admin my COD servers. ModernRcon version 0.5 and HLSW does support COD 4 as well.

You can download ModernRcon from filefront.com ; just do a search for it and you should get a few returns.

ModernRcon is pretty simple to use.
"Frag the weak, hurdle the dead."
Good judgment comes from experience…and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.