CoD4 server

SapperThwack
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

CoD4 server

Post by SapperThwack »

I have a CoD4 16 slot server w/ another provider and am thinking about changing to a new provider. But had some questions. I've looked through the posts and have found stuff that hinted at what I want to know but figured I'd be better off just asking.

1) For custom maps and mods, do we have the ability to upload and modify the configs on our own or do we have to open a ticket and have support shuffle the files around?
2) Is the free webspace allowed to be used as the redirect download for the custom maps? If so, what is the bandwidth allocated for the sites?
3) What hours are your customer support staff available to answer questions or help w/ issues?

There were some other questions, but I've forgotten them in my search through different provider sites. :oops:
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: CoD4 server

Post by Edge100x »

SapperThwack wrote:1) For custom maps and mods, do we have the ability to upload and modify the configs on our own or do we have to open a ticket and have support shuffle the files around?
You can upload and modify mods through the server FTP. The only reason you might need to contact us (through email in that particular case) is if the mod you want to run is not supported by our mod choose (on the Server control page).
2) Is the free webspace allowed to be used as the redirect download for the custom maps? If so, what is the bandwidth allocated for the sites?
Yes. We do not restrict this bandwidth apart from saying that usage needs to be "reasonable". I don't think anyone has ever broken that and we have a ton of redirects running.
3) What hours are your customer support staff available to answer questions or help w/ issues?
We are available from at least 9am-midnight each day. We are also often available outside these times through email.
AstroZombie
A regular
A regular

Post by AstroZombie »

Their online chat support is outstanding. Its the main reason I love NFO. No matter the problem I can always chat with someone and get it resolved.
"Frag the weak, hurdle the dead."
Good judgment comes from experience…and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
gene
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by gene »

ive been using NFO for about 3years now and i wouldnt change for anything.
ive tried alot of other places and i can say i have never had ONE bit of trouble of of this place.