IRC scorebot COD - Help Page?

psenger
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

IRC scorebot COD - Help Page?

Post by psenger »

I dont understand this IRC Score Bot. There are a lot of Read Me files in the directory and it looks like it is for other products. Can Someone point me to a getting started with IRC Score Bot and what it can do and how it works. - Thanks.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: IRC scorebot COD - Help Page?

Post by Edge100x »

I would strongly recommend using the "Easy setup" page in the control panel if you would like to use the IRC scorebot, as it really does make it a lot easier. There are a series of fields that you can define on that page to configure it to connect to the server and channel that you wish.

After this, you can start it via your "Server control" page.
psenger
New to forums
New to forums

Post by psenger »

I dont have a clue what Im doing in that "easy setup" screen regarding the IRC ScoreBot. There is no context help, and the readme and config text files in "/rcbot/*" dont really help either. Its written for multiple games, and servers and bots... and looks like it was translated from another language.

Can you send me to a Link or Knowledge base article that tell me what the fields are or where I can find more information?

I assumed that the IRC Scorebot was the bot that if you typed !stat or !score would tell you your score, but I have no idea what this thing does or what the fields are either.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

psenger wrote:I dont have a clue what Im doing in that "easy setup" screen regarding the IRC ScoreBot.
This is where you need to stop and figure things out. Don't try to read the readme file or anything on disk, because you don't need to.

The IRC scorebot connects to an IRC channel for you and shows in-game chat and other activity. The "Easy setup" page just asks you these very basic questions:
Nickname
Bot password
Server
Channel
Mod containing the logfile to read
Name of the logfile to read
Just try with the defaults first -- just start it up via "Server control". Join that IRC channel and you'll see the bot. Adjust the channel to match your needs.
psenger
New to forums
New to forums

Post by psenger »

BAH! what a waste of time.

here is a link that explains the product in more detail.
http://www.gab-clan.org/downloads/rtcw/rtcwbot/

I turned it off.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

I would also suggest what John is saying. use the easy set up tab to configure it and see how it works.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

The IRC scorebot is something that used to come up a lot -- a very frequently requested feature. Nowadays, I don't hear of many people using it. But CoD* servers have also gotten much less popular in general, of course..