Modern Warfare 3 trailer.

kraze
Former staff
Former staff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Modern Warfare 3 trailer.

Post by kraze »

The MW3 trailer was released last night and I am curious what do you guys think? Do you think it's going to be a better game then Black Ops or MW2?

Link to trailer:
http://nextgenerationgaming.net/news.php?extend.64.5

Unsure if this is a fan made trailer or not;

http://nextgenerationgaming.net/news.php?extend.65.5
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Modern Warfare 3 trailer.

Post by Edge100x »

Whether it will be a better game greatly depends on how they do the servers :).
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

I have a bad feeling that Activision signed a 3 year contract with Game servers for their servers.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
rustydusty1717
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by rustydusty1717 »

Game looks promising. Line John said, it all depends on the server end.
arucarD
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by arucarD »

Does not look bad, they stated they had come beyond the MW2 code, I am curious to see what they actually mean by that. Bots for LAN play, separate dedicated server files would be my two additions to make sure this succeeds.. But this is Activision.

I am also looking forward to Battlefield 3... Now that looks ridiculous.
. [ R ] .
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Ya,

I have lost a decent amount of faith with the COD series. I am looking forward to BF3
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
rustydusty1717
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by rustydusty1717 »

Bf3 looks wicked! I recently bought Socom4 for PS3 and it is actually alright. I liked single player more than multiplayer though.
arucarD
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by arucarD »

kraze wrote:Ya,

I have lost a decent amount of faith with the COD series. I am looking forward to BF3
I have not lost faith, because I never had any in the first place. Infinity Ward [the original IW, not the new team] were the primary reason those games made such an incredible impact. I knew Activision would go where the money was, so they utilized Treyarch the same company that created that god forsaken COD 3, World At War, and Black Ops. [WaW and BO were also horrible for me]

Biggest and best feature from WaW, Zombies. Biggest and best feature for Black Ops? LAN play with bots and Zombies.

Now they are trying to bring back the populous by showcasing that they can get Infinity Ward back to where they were, so this new crew has A LOT to prove in that aspect.

Whereas EA Digital Illusions CE [DICE] have created all of the BF games. So this time around they are trying to destroy whatever competition, as they know that they are not in the same race anymore. [Since the old IW team created their own company Respawn Entertainment.]

From what I have seen, BF3 is going to be the clear winner of the year. But, the way the media and critics work are different. They may give it to MW3 just as they did to Black Ops last year for no apparent reason. [Did not deserve all the acclaim in my opinion.]

Sorry for the rant. :-/
. [ R ] .
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

arucarD wrote:
kraze wrote:Ya,

I have not lost faith, because I never had any in the first place. Infinity Ward [the original IW, not the new team] were the primary reason those games made such an incredible impact. I knew Activision would go where the money was, so they utilized Treyarch the same company that created that god forsaken COD 3, World At War, and Black Ops. [WaW and BO were also horrible for me]

Biggest and best feature from WaW, Zombies. Biggest and best feature for Black Ops? LAN play with bots and Zombies.

Now they are trying to bring back the populous by showcasing that they can get Infinity Ward back to where they were, so this new crew has A LOT to prove in that aspect.

Whereas EA Digital Illusions CE [DICE] have created all of the BF games. So this time around they are trying to destroy whatever competition, as they know that they are not in the same race anymore. [Since the old IW team created their own company Respawn Entertainment.]

From what I have seen, BF3 is going to be the clear winner of the year. But, the way the media and critics work are different. They may give it to MW3 just as they did to Black Ops last year for no apparent reason. [Did not deserve all the acclaim in my opinion.]

Sorry for the rant. :-/

Never seen so much truth in a single paragraph...

I agree. I will admit the things I am seeing about MW3 and hearing are giving me a second thought. Just that hope that they will give us dedicated servers with support and lots of patches..However I just don't know. I personally don't like the BF games. Don't like how they feel or run to me. I am a COD fan boy,so when one of us says screw it and goes to the competitor that is saying something. Activision knows they messed up and so does EA. EA has been staying a step ahead of the COD series lately and this may give Activision that incentive to make a good game again.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
arucarD
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by arucarD »

Well Treyarch did patch things in Black Ops that people were complaining of. Biggest issue to that is, they still did not fix everything and some of their patches gave increasing advantage and threw off any balance they may have had. Do not get me wrong, the old IW team did not go through with patching of MW2 either..

Difference is, the old team of IW had quit during the release of MW2. So the patches that were few and far between were not because they did not have interest, but was due to the fact that they were going into that whole legal battle. Add to that fact, Respawn Entertainment has been formed with EA. Activisions biggest and currently only competitor to be honest.

I saw the MW3 trailer and thought to myself, in a sense it still looks like MW2. If you see the way the train broke away inside that tunnel, you will see simple breakage of objects, simplistic ricochets of metal, among other things you can nitpick at. The reason for the nitpicking, if you look at the Battlefield 3 trailer, you can easily see the incredible difference.

Which is why when they made the comment of being "beyond" MW2, the same issues were in MW2. Simplistic breaking of objects, etc. The truth is in the details and although I am and have never been a fan of the Battlefield series, Bad Company 2 was a very nice looking game with a pretty interesting multiplayer. If EA brings forth Battlefield 3 and it truly looks as the trailer showcased, my goodness does MW3 with its current trailer not stand a chance.
. [ R ] .
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Ya. Their is no doubt that BF3 will not only use a better engine it will look better no matter what. However back to Modern Warfare 3 it also looks like it is getting a new engine also..

http://nextgenerationgaming.net/news.php?extend.66.5

They have also promised great post support and many patches for multiplayer..I am curious to see how that goes.
http://www.modernwarfare247.com/news/40 ... ch-support

I guess only time will tell.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
arucarD
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by arucarD »

True, but their promises can be made, and as a newly created team they will be eager to adjust to the thoughts and issues within the community. But I just do not see that as being a full benefit to what Activision would allow. Activision knows this is a very major opportunity for growth or failure. Which is why they are sparing no expense from what I have seen.

Other issues may arise once the game is release, especially if they maintain to the same server instances as Black Ops and MW2. [No outside hosting of servers.] If they are getting / utilizing a new engine, it could be a great interest to the company. But, will they use it properly or have it squandered? Will they go full steam ahead on everything the engine can and will handle, or will they hold back from fear of failure? Definitely only time will tell.

I am curious to their work on this "new engine".
. [ R ] .
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

I sure hope we get open server files. I would even be fine with them doing what EA did. Had ranked server providers but we need some cfg access and possibility to change settings. You can't even change how many S&D rounds their are in BO.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
arucarD
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by arucarD »

Agreed.. I am still a little skeptical to close minded developers that do not allow or release dedicated server files. I believe that is the best way to get support for a game, creating communities based around those very servers the users play on. It equals to more users inclined to purchasing the game to want to enjoy it as well.

This is why although I have never personally played Brink, I was close to hosting a Brink server.
. [ R ] .
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Yea I do not know why game developers have been becoming increasing stingy with their server files. Look at COD4 you could change everything and it's mother without and issue. Still thousands of people play it..
@Juski> Doesn't matter!