Modern Warfare 3

kraze
Former staff
Former staff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Modern Warfare 3

Post by kraze »

Yea, I sure hope there is public server files. I would have no problem them even doing ranked providers like EA is doing with BF games. At least we would have a choice.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
rustydusty1717
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by rustydusty1717 »

Wonder if they will release the official answer as the server files before the release date or not. Be nice to know before hand if they will be available or not so I can have a virtual machine setup and ready to go! :mrgreen:
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

They most likely will, I would suspect something in early November. Usually the dedicated server aspect is the last thing to be determined for a game.

I personally hope it's dedicated server like COD4, change any settings you would like and keep it ranked.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
rustydusty1717
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by rustydusty1717 »

I sure hope so too, but I'm going to try and not get my hopes up too much!
rustydusty1717
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by rustydusty1717 »

PS: Called in and got my one line upgraded to the new 50Mb speeds!

kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Help me bring my computer out of the car...

LOL :D
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
rustydusty1717
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by rustydusty1717 »

Muahahaha! Speaking of which, I do need to get a lan going one of these days. Maybe when MW3 I will organize one! :mrgreen:
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Good news! Lets hope it's true...
“Sledgehammer. I’m a huge PC guy. Please tell me more about MW3 on the PC. I know there’ll be dedicated servers but what will that truly mean?”

- Jacob

North Carolina

Jacob,

MW3 on the PC is going to be a great game and we are excited to launch it day and date with the consoles on November 8, 2011. There is a ton of work being done to ensure the PC experience is fantastic. Dedicated servers is a big feature that fans have been vocally asking about since its absence in MW2. Erik Strickland, Principal Engineer, is leading the effort. Let's ask him for some of his insight... Erik?

Thanks Condrey. Hi Jacob.

We believe that Modern Warfare 3 match-making delivers a best-in-class competitive experience on consoles as well as PC. For users who want deep customization and control on PC we’re also supporting free-to-download, free-to-run dedicated servers on launch day. Using familiar tools, admins can download and run servers on their own hardware, customizing access, game rules and map rotation to their liking.

We’re embracing the Steam platform. From both the Steam and game clients, users can: browse, join, and favorite these servers; send and accept invites; everything just as you’d expect. For gameplay customization MW3 dedicated servers leverage our recipe system to allow admins to finely tune gameplay without trial-and-error fiddling. Of course, server admins will have all the tools they expect - access control by IP/password, player kicking/banning, remote console access, etc…

In short, we are bringing back the features of Call of Duty 4's dedicated servers that the community has requested, and we hope everyone will be excited by the outcome – let us know on November 8th!
http://www.fpsadmin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23701
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
rustydusty1717
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by rustydusty1717 »

Please let this be true! No true word on if these dedicated servers will still be ranked or not though.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Well if you see what he said right here
In short, we are bringing back the features of Call of Duty 4's dedicated servers
Now COD4 was ranked servers with any customization you wanted.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
rustydusty1717
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by rustydusty1717 »

I think I just got a little bit excited at work. Maybe a little bit, just called the boss a n00b. :mrgreen: . Good thing I work at an IT company and my boss is a nerd as well.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

LOL
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
woowoo
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by woowoo »

The latest is in this article - source: http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/call-of-duty-2 ... 687p1.html

Very important point:

"GameSpy: Sure. Now you mentioned there that users can set up their own dedicated servers. Will they still be ranked servers or are they unranked?

Robert Bowling: That's something that hasn't been decided yet. It's something that we're working out. "

So IW has not decided if ranked servers can be a dedicated server.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

woowoo wrote:The latest is in this article - source: http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/call-of-duty-2 ... 687p1.html

Very important point:

"GameSpy: Sure. Now you mentioned there that users can set up their own dedicated servers. Will they still be ranked servers or are they unranked?

Robert Bowling: That's something that hasn't been decided yet. It's something that we're working out. "

So IW has not decided if ranked servers can be a dedicated server.
That was a very interesting article you linked. It seems like MW3 might be a good well supported game, but I had to ear my words when Black Ops was released so I wont say much more..lol
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
Murph
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Murph »

I know I'm late to the party, but will NFO be offering mw3 servers assuming that the dedicated server files will be ranked? :-)