MW3 Server Setup Help...

HarryNutz
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

MW3 Server Setup Help...

Post by HarryNutz »

I do not have the game so I cannot create the files necessary for the server setup and was hoping someone could help me out if it isn't too much trouble. Basically I need to know what files I need to edit to get my server to run a full map rotation and flipping back and forth between Team Death Match, Capture the Flag and Kill Confirmed. Want all weapons, perks etc to be available (no restrictions).

Anyone?
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Re: MW3 Server Setup Help...

Post by TimeX »

The server.cfg file loads the default file, and that default file sets the map rotation and game modes to use. The game modes themselves each have their own file that can edited. Even without the client, you can just edit one of the existing game modes to fit your needs.
TimeX
HarryNutz
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by HarryNutz »

Thats the problem, Im use to messing with files within mods for like CoD4 and CoD5... this file structure has me pulling my hair out. Looking to see if anyone can explain exactly how to do it.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I'm not a fan of how they chose to do things with MW3, either.

To edit the MW3 mapcycle, you need to edit the ./default.dspl file. The format is given in that file; it is "<mapname>, <dsr filename>, <weight>", with one line per map. The "weight" refers to how often the map will be randomly chosen for play (I don't believe it's possible to choose maps to run in a non-random manner).

To randomly switch between TDM, CTF, and KC, and run all maps, you'd likely need to use this there:

Code: Select all

*,TDM_default,1
*,CTF_default,1
*,KC_default,1