COD 2 + extreme [invalid server profile]

EazyMango
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

COD 2 + extreme [invalid server profile]

Post by EazyMango »

Is there a trick to getting this mod to run on NFO VDS's

I have the exact copy running on my desktop and another provider but for the life of me I cannot get it to boot up on my VDS.

Stock command line the control panel creates looks right
+set fs_game lgxt27 +set dedicated 2 +set net_ip 74.91.116.79 +set sv_maxclients 42 +set ui_maxclients 42 +exec server.cfg

Will not boot the game what so ever, Any Ideas..
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Re: COD 2 + extreme

Post by TimeX »

Offhand, are you trying to load up something in a lgxt27 mod folder? If not, the fs_game flag is likely your problem.

Any specific errors in the log files?
TimeX
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

If you're running on Windows, you might try turning off DEP, as some mods/games require that it be disabled and the game will crash with strange errors otherwise.
EazyMango
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by EazyMango »

How do you turn off DEP on a managed VPS
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

On a managed VDS, this wouldn't be an issue. Other than the mod folder possibly being an issue, do you have a map rotation properly set up?

It may be best to contact us through the "Help" page in your control panel to have us look directly at it, since this is a managed server.
TimeX
EazyMango
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by EazyMango »

Not really sure what the deal was but it seemed to be the server.cfg file that came with the mod.

I created one from scratch adding what was needed and its running fine now. 8O

Thanks for help m8's :D
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

For reference, this problem occurred because the customer's uploaded files for the mod included a "players" folder (which is normally auto-generated by the CoD2 server), which in turn contained an "active.txt" that set the profile to "tcadmin", as opposed to the standard value of "default". When it starts up, the CoD2 server loads the config_mp.txt file saved to the active profile folder while checking for hardware changes, throwing up a dialog box if it finds differences. Our system is set up to delete "players/default/config_mp.cfg" during its repair operations in order to ensure that this check can't fail, but it does not look for "players/tcadmin/config_mp.cfg", so the dialog box was appearing every time the server tried to start, preventing it from running.

The fix was to change the "players/active.txt" file to contain "default" instead of "tcadmin". The server then started normally.

This was an artifact of transplanting an entire mod's folder and files from an existing server on another machine with a custom profile defined. We've never seen this before because most customers upload their mods from standard distributions.