Cod4 Mod Problem

sachael
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Cod4 Mod Problem

Post by sachael »

I am having problems with my server on puting the mod on, and uploading maps. Can I have help with my issue?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Cod4 Mod Problem

Post by Edge100x »

What is the problem that you are experiencing?
sachael
New to forums
New to forums

Post by sachael »

I put the Deathrun Mod 1.1 on and It needs specific maps, but Idk how to switch maps, also it when I join server, there is no download then cod4 crashes
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

If the mod requires certain maps, but they aren't loaded, that may be why it doesn't work when you join.

You would need to upload the maps to the server first, if you haven't already done that. You can then edit the map rotation in the server.cfg file, switching out the current maps with the names of the custom maps.
TimeX
sachael
New to forums
New to forums

Post by sachael »

I cant get maps to work, when I do it in the game it takes me to a Listen Server
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

That will happen if you don't send the commands to rcon, since it will instead send the map commands to your own client and not the server. Remember to start server commands with /rcon in front.
TimeX
sachael
New to forums
New to forums

Post by sachael »

Okay, and When I put the mod on I stop my server and It wont start back up
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

That would be a problem with the mod itself. It may be a broken mod, a bad copy of the mod, a setting/configuration problem, or anything else like that.

I have seen a number of people have trouble installing mods on the CoD games recently, and there seems to be a bad trend of people copying mod installs over from other servers instead of installing fresh copies. This will not work in most cases since server specific information gets saved in the mod folder, preventing it from working on other servers after it has been running.
TimeX
sachael
New to forums
New to forums

Post by sachael »

I got the download fresh, orignial download. I go to my FTP folder, mods-Drag The Mod In there, then I upload it. The server wont start or restart. I have to take mod off.
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

Are those the only steps the mod requires for install? Some mods require settings to be adjusted after uploading them.
TimeX