AMX Mod X

metro
Staff
Staff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

AMX Mod X

Post by metro »

Just a heads up on this new mod. I have it installed on my private server and everything seems to be working properly. I am using Metamod 1.17 and not the modified version. I verified with one of the developers that it would work and so far so good. I probably won't be able to stress test it as much because my server does not have much traffic with it being private.

AMX Mod X has a different setup than regular AMX Mod. The directory structure is more organized making the locations of all files a little more obvious. I will explain the directory structure for anyone who is interested in using it. I am NOT using any custom plugins so I cannot guarantee that they will work but it is said that compiling the .sma source from regular AMX Mod with AMX Mod X should work but may not. You face risk using all 3rd party plugins because they are not written by the mod developers.

Now, to break down the directory structure:

addons/amxx/ - This is the main directory for the mod.
addons/amxx/dlls/ - This is the directory for the core amxx library files.
addons/amxx/documentation/ - This directory has all of the AMX Mod X documentation.
addons/amxx/logs/ - This directory will store all log files related to amxx.
addons/amxx/modules/ - This directory is stricly for modules for amxx like fun, csstats, vexd, war3, etc.
addons/amxx/plugins/ - This directory is for all plugins to be placed.
addons/amxx/scripting/ - This directory is where all plugin source code will be stored for compiling.

Setting up AMX Mod X is somewhat similar to AMX Mod with a couple differences. In the addons/amxx/configs/ where modules.ini is placed, there is no need to type your reference lines like addons/amxx/dlls/module.dll anymore. Here is an example of the new modules.ini file:

Code: Select all

; AMX Mod X Modules; You can specify both linux & win32 modules here

; Fun - This has extra functions
fun_amx.dll
fun_amx_i386.so

; Engine - This has engine functions core to half-life
engine_amx.dll
engine_amx_i386.so

; MySQL - This adds MySQL connection support
;mysql_amx.dll
;mysql_amx_i386.so

; Counter-Strike - This adds functions specific to Counter-Strike
cstrike_amx.dll
cstrike_amx_i386.so

; CS Stats - This adds functionality for CS statistical information
csstats_amx.dll
csstats_amx_i386.so
All you need to do is list the file name of the module to be used. The same goes for the plugins.ini file in the configs directory too. It is no longer placed in the plugins folder with the plugins. There is also a plugins.ini and modules.ini in the root of the amxx folder and I am not sure if these are used by the mod so I made sure to include the same settings as I have set in the others located in the addons/amxx/configs directory.

If you have any questions about AMX Mod X, please go to #amxmod on GameSurge for your questions. The mod is in beta and we will not support it but they can answer questions pertaining to it. It may or may not work on your server, but they are also looking for people who can publicly test it on their servers and provide feedback.

One important thing is that all plugin commands still use the amx_ prefix but if you want to list the plugins loaded you will have to send "amxx list" to the server console with rcon, your server CP, or with HLSW instead of using the original "amx list" command. The same applies to "amx help". The new command to be used is "amxx help".
metro @ [url=irc://irc.gamesurge.net/nfo-support]#nfo-support[/url]
Somewhere in Texas, a village is missing it's idiot...