Metamod update

Tabriz
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Metamod update

Post by Tabriz »

A new version of Metamod has been released. I have level 2 FTP access but my server (am.nuclearfallout.net) will not allow me access to metamod.dll (I can't seem to see it). Admin Mod has been updated to version 2.50.51 but metamod is still behind. Anything you guys could do would be great.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I'm debating whether to do the global upgrades now or to wait for a real patch to come out from Valve. Metamod is only one small facet of the security problems (and ditto with admin mod, etc.). Either way, when I do the upgrades, I'll do them for everyone through scripts and I'll make sure to send out an email first about it, so you shouldn't have to worry about it.
MCP87
A regular
A regular

Post by MCP87 »

HAHAHA i just wrote you an email about this update Edge :).

Renters what i did is this:

Even though you can't overwrite the metamod, adminmod and hlg dll's and some other files you can rename them.

So i just renamed admin_mm.dll to admin25050_mm.dll and then pasted in the new admin_mm.dll (oh ya don't for get to double check your plugins.ini for spelling and restart your server so that the change takes effect) as you can see edge i have found a way around it :)

I had to do this for hlg, adminmodm, and metamod because i prefer to do as much as possible before i start emailing edge like crazy with all the error i have created. But you also learn that way :)
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

For everything you have access to, you should just be able to delete it and then drop in the new version. Just make sure you stop your server first ;)