our anti cheat keeps turning off....

Rumple-t2h
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

our anti cheat keeps turning off....

Post by Rumple-t2h »

ive noticed that our anti cheat keeps turning off. today is the second time it has done it this week. I know it did it on wednesday when i changed the mapcycle and restarted the server. I had to_mas fix that. Then last night one of the other admins changed the map time and restarted the server and once again we dont have the anti cheat turned on. Whats goin on or what do i do to make sure it does stay on.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

If you're referring to the VAC, then it is on whenever the server is able to download the security module from Valve, and off whenever the server is unable to. Restarting the server often fixes it simply because it retries.

The security module servers have been intermittently having issues recently, likely because of the Steam rollout.
Rumple-t2h
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Rumple-t2h »

im not sure what im refering to. just when u connect thru the normal halflife shortcut and u look next to the server name it has the yellow yield sign with the exclamation point in it. but it never used to be there. and if u filter for servers using anti cheat it wont show up now.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Yes, then you're talking about the VAC.