map.cfg files not working on map change.

jackflack
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

map.cfg files not working on map change.

Post by jackflack »

I noticed after the last update that are map.cfg files are not working on map change.

Has anyone else noticed this? If so is there a different way to do this now?

-jack

64.94.101.48:27015 .s|2. Sudden |2ush CS 1.6 FF ON..(NO/SHIELDS)
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

mapname.cfg files are not executed automatically by CS (and never have been that I know of).

Admin mod does execute mapname.cfg files automatically as part of its basic functionality. Disabling admin mod would cause the files to stop being executed.

There are also plugins available for AMX that can duplicate this behavior, but they are not included in the default distribution.
jackflack
New to forums
New to forums

Post by jackflack »

ahhh thank you that makes total sense now. We went with amxmodx .20 RC6 and disabled adminmod the same tiem the steam patch went out. I didn't put two and two together.

Thanks man!

-jack
metro
Staff
Staff

Post by metro »

There is a plugin that you can find for amxmod and compile to use with amxx that will exec map configs. I forget the name, but I know it exists and have used it in the past. Try searching on the amxmod.net forums.
metro @ [url=irc://irc.gamesurge.net/nfo-support]#nfo-support[/url]
Somewhere in Texas, a village is missing it's idiot...
jackflack
New to forums
New to forums

Post by jackflack »

metro wrote:There is a plugin that you can find for amxmod and compile to use with amxx that will exec map configs. I forget the name, but I know it exists and have used it in the past. Try searching on the amxmod.net forums.
actually it look slike its supposed to do it natively, and they fixed it on tonights build. Ill know tomorrow if it works, but heres the link to the info

http://www.amxmodx.org/forums/viewtopic ... ht=map+cfg

-jack
metro
Staff
Staff

Post by metro »

I was referring to AMX Mod, not AMXX because not all have migrated to AMXX as of yet. I actively promote AMXX but as that thread shows, there are still bugs that need to be ironed out before 0.20 goes final :)
metro @ [url=irc://irc.gamesurge.net/nfo-support]#nfo-support[/url]
Somewhere in Texas, a village is missing it's idiot...
jackflack
New to forums
New to forums

Post by jackflack »

oh so your still on .16 Ok Cool.

Yeah we are running .20 RC6 and its been pretty stable, no crashes to speak of and as of last night the custom map configs are working natively in axmmodx.

-jack