AMX Mod

Tabriz
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

AMX Mod

Post by Tabriz »

I'm trying to install AMX mod but it refuses to work. I'm thinking that it's because the version of Metamod that we use is lower than 1.15. If so, how soon can I put it on? I'd really like to experiement with this mod as it has some features I'd really prefer over adminmod.

I ran into a couple of problems when trying to update Metamod:
1) Metamod.org was down, couldn't d/l new version
2) Metamod.dll is aparently hidden, which I find rather odd seeing as I do have level 2 FTP access which should let me do anything I want.
ZipCrash
A regular
A regular

Post by ZipCrash »

Well I've had problems with AMX and AM conflicting in the past. So it may be that.
-ZipCrash (Leader/Founder of SOTF)

Clan Server IP: 207.44.194.90:27016
Tabriz
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Tabriz »

No, the problem is meta mod. I had completely removed all access admin mod had to my server and it didn't even recognize that AMX was present. The DLL that needs to be updated (Metamod.dll) is hidden, despite the fact I supposedly have access to the metamod files.

How do I know it's Metamod? Because I tried on my own computer which has the same config as my nuclearfallout server in terms of dlls and such. What happened when I updated metamod? Worked instantly without a hitch.

I'd heard too many horror stories to attempt to run both at the same time. I found the problem, now the issue is that Nuclearfallout is not giving me enough access to fix the problem.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Metamod.dll is one of the files that we hardlink to speed up server loads. We have also had problems in the past with clients who seriously damaged their servers by deleting an un-linked metamod.dll. If you'd like me to upgrade it for you, I can do that -- just send me an email telling me who you are ;). If you absolutely demand access to it yourself, let's talk offline.

For more information on what hardlinking means and why we do it, read our FTP FAQ:

http://rentals.nuclearfallout.net/rent. ... nt=faq-ftp
Tabriz
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Tabriz »

Thanks Edge. My clan leader (the person who is the guy who is actually paying for it) will be getting in contact with you soon for the Anger Management server (am.nuclearfallout.net). No need for constant access, I would hate for us to have a server admin in training accidently break it, and our server in the process.
The Dude
New to forums
New to forums

Post by The Dude »

I'm on it. Had to register...
This aggression will not stand, man!