HLDS 4.1.1.1 Update causing crashing of Server

Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

HLDS 4.1.1.1 Update causing crashing of Server

Post by Nick|NFo »

The update was applied early this morning, May 4th, which is definately causing the crashing of several NFo servers.

We are working on this currently and will have it fixed asap. There has been problems of it with other servers on other servers around the nation. Apparently, Valve released a buggy update and is insufficient to run your game server.

Please bear with us and we shall fix you game server asap.

Any other problems other than this, please post.
-Nick
Vm|Mayhem
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Vm|Mayhem »

HLG isn't logging anymore. Admins commands aren't woking correctly, can't kick people. Radar is shutting on and off during gameplay.
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

[NoCtUrNaL]_Mayhem wrote:HLG isn't logging anymore. Admins commands aren't woking correctly, can't kick people. Radar is shutting on and off during gameplay.
yes admin_kick does not work anymore due to new update, however adminmod staff is working on a patch to fix this asap.

As for radar your best bet is to disable your hlguard, and radar shall work flawlessly. Since your logs are not working either, shutting off hlguard will be your best bet for your players.
-Nick
MCP87
A regular
A regular

Post by MCP87 »

Acttually for some of the problems that i am and i am sure other are find is that settings have been over written.

Like the adminmod users.ini, ip.in, models.ini where overwritten with the defalut ones you get when you install adminmod, same thing with all the configs in hlg. not mention that my hlg logs, statsme log where deleted.
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

MCP87 wrote:Acttually for some of the problems that i am and i am sure other are find is that settings have been over written.

Like the adminmod users.ini, ip.in, models.ini where overwritten with the defalut ones you get when you install adminmod, same thing with all the configs in hlg. not mention that my hlg logs, statsme log where deleted.
There is no problems with adminmod user access, "users.ini", since all commands still worked except for admin_kick.

On my server I had no problems with adminmod myself, except for admin_kick. On another server, which uses amxmod, they were totally unaffected, amx_kick still worked.

The way AM reads the server cvar and executes have changed, AM is hardlinked to the command while amx mod allows expandability and updates just like this recent one.
-Nick
MCP87
A regular
A regular

Post by MCP87 »

Acura i was more refreing to when you guys updated the server alot of my server's settings got set back to defalut i was not say that there was a problem with AM :)
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

MCP87 wrote:Acura i was more refreing to when you guys updated the server alot of my server's settings got set back to defalut i was not say that there was a problem with AM :)
ahh, mine didnt get replaced with the default ones. interesting.

hope it caused no problem :)

I advise everyone to have a copy of their server configuration on their local hard drive. It is simple to download everything, and save to a folder on your desktop, by using ftp.