Server Map Changes

Darksheer
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Server Map Changes

Post by Darksheer »

I am not sure if this is common or what!

I have had a few of my regulars on the server complain that they get a connection lost from the server on map changes. Not consistantly but every once a while. I didn't think nothing of it till it happened to me yesterday.

Is there something we can change to fix that or is this something that has been documented before.

Later,
Darksheer
May The Night Never End!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

A few things can cause the problem you describe. The server could be occasionally crashing right at a map change (unlikely), the mapchange could be taking longer than usual to load, or the connection might have been broken between you and the server for some other reason.

If this starts happening to you a lot, I'd recommend raising cl_timeout on the client side, and sv_timeout on the server side if that doesn't fix it. That will give the maps longer to load before either side disconnects, if that is what is causing your problems.

In addition, if this starts happening frequently to everyone in the server, I will definitely need take a look at it on my end. Please keep me posted!
Darksheer
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Darksheer »

It has happened three more times to myself.

Also please can you change the clantags.cfg on our stats and put < > at the top please. it changes how a few of our clans are sorted!
May The Night Never End!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Sure.