How many plugins are considered too many?

kitten
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

How many plugins are considered too many?

Post by kitten »

Just looking for opinions. I have a 16 slot pub server with High CPU Priority and roughly 23 plugins. Only about 5 are 3rd party. The rest are AMXX. I have played on some servers that have anywhere from 30-40 plugins. I know the more you have the worse your registry is.

I am thinking of adding maybe 2 more but I don't want to over do it and make everything run crappy on the server. How many do you have and do you think I would have a problem with running 25 plugins?

Thanks in advance,
teame06
New to forums
New to forums

Post by teame06 »

No, there wouldn't be a problem running 25 plugins.
teame06
New to forums
New to forums

Post by teame06 »

I run about 40 plugins, but 10-15 are for automated server administration.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

It depends on what the plugins do. If a plugin is triggered by an infrequent event (such as the admin typing something) and does little in response to the event (such as executing a say command), it will not contribute much to the server's overall CPU usage nor decrease the responsiveness of the server. If, on the other hand, a plugin is triggered frequently and/or does a lot of work each time (such as HLGuard's wallhack block, which runs constantly and does a significant amount of processing), then it could noticably affect the server's performance.

If you have 25 plugins that are mostly built-in and do very little, you won't likely observe any aggregate performance difference from them.