server.cfg and other cfgs ?'s

ultraFlux
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

server.cfg and other cfgs ?'s

Post by ultraFlux »

:?: Is there a way or plugin/script or something that would automatically switch back the server.cfg from say cal.cfg? I hate it when my admins forget to reload the server.cfg after a scrim.
To'mas
Founder
Founder

Post by To'mas »

Yes, as far as I know, you just prepare an x.cfg file for returning the server to normal peramators and then exec x.cfg to make it all happen. x=anyname you wish to name it.
crab
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by crab »

I bound one of my function button to do that. Makes it real easy to go back to regular config. I have a couple admins who like to mess with the gravity all the time, if they do that I can change it back real quick by hitting that button. This is what I put in my cstrike config.cfg:

bind "F5" "rcon exec server.cfg"

I've also done the same thing for my CAL and UGS cfgs.
ultraFlux
New to forums
New to forums

Post by ultraFlux »

ok, but how about like an auto config that execs on its own when the 2 rounds for cal are completed? That way if Im not there and admins forget to change it back, it will happen automatically. Is that possible? And if so, any ideas how to make it happen?

Thanks guys for your replies? :D
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

hey bro

I have not come across something myself that auto execs it. like others here have recommended, best is to have them bind it.

tell your admins if they dont do it before they leave, their privileges are gone. its easy to add and even easier to remove or suspend them by just commenting them out using "//" in front of their wonids.

you are the person in control, if you want it set back to server.cfg, then stress that.

hit me up on aim how I expect of the admins on my servers who use them