BUILD 3382 SERVER....Error verifying STEAM UserID Ticket....

MrXtramean
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

BUILD 3382 SERVER....Error verifying STEAM UserID Ticket....

Post by MrXtramean »

We have a lot of players getting this messege and they can't join the server:
BUILD 3382 SERVER (0 CRC)
Server # 11
Error verifying STEAM UserID Ticket(server was
unable to contact the authentication server).

I get it and everyone I'm asking does to. I have one admin that gets this messege about 50% of the time. Some times, I repeat, some times you can get on the server only if you exit completely out of Steam and start from scratch. But this doesn't always work.

Now, here's checker....we don't have a problem going into other servers, just this one. It's so random. I might get it 2 of 10 entries. Some of us get it more often. IP 66.150.164.70:27015.

My friend asked Steam and Steam told him to delete his cstrike folder 8O
, what idiots. We've tried this http://support.steampowered.com/cgi-bin ... _faqid=282
and it worked for my admin friend (who says he gets this 50% of the time), and said it worked. Then the next...bam...same ol'crap.

Any clues?
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

You should refer to this page on steam support here

The valve servers are having issues right now, thats evident by vac being down on several servers. You can try deleting those files that the support site talks about to log back into the Steam network.
-Nick
MrXtramean
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by MrXtramean »

Thanks. I read this and there's another simular. But I figured the problem was a server issue, as we seem to be able to get to other servers, it's just our server entry we have a problem with.

Oh, and if we delete those files, we they come back and everything work ok? :?
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

It has to do with the particular steam server that you get as a client and authentication server the gameserver is using at that particular time (randomized by region). Its always a steam problem and that exit steam, delete files and start up steam process generally fixes it, but it can't be guaranteed. Steam servers have been having some issues the past two days. Hopefully it is resolved soon.
-Nick