How To Get PsychoStats Hitboxes Working

helvetica
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

How To Get PsychoStats Hitboxes Working

Post by helvetica »

Is there a way to do this? Is there a plugin that's needed...?
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

You have to run a plugin that will generate the extra data needed in the logs for psychostats. One that does this is StatsmeMinimum which can be found on our files here. There is a sourcemm version and a regular plugin version.

I highly recommend that you turn off the other features in the config and just generate the data needed.
-Nick
helvetica
New to forums
New to forums

Post by helvetica »

Is that the chicken model I see in there? Finally, italy will be complete once again!

Thanks for the help! I take it if I turn everything on, our server performance will take a hit? Will our server be running a touch more under load with this installed?
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

helvetica wrote:Is that the chicken model I see in there? Finally, italy will be complete once again!

Thanks for the help! I take it if I turn everything on, our server performance will take a hit? Will our server be running a touch more under load with this installed?
No, that is for 1.6. You can download the modified cs_italy here.

If all the features are on, then you have a bunch of menus and other features which we have seen to create issues on the gameserver.
-Nick
helvetica
New to forums
New to forums

Post by helvetica »

Thanks again!

Sorry to keep bugging you about this, but out of curiosity- why are some people's hitboxes showing up and others' not?

This one works for example: http://midwestgamers.stats.nuclearfallo ... hp?id=3848
but most of the hitboxes are coming up blank, even if they'd played since the files were put on the server. Is there a particular reason for this?
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

Probably should try resetting the stats and starting fresh with logs/stats data.
-Nick
helvetica
New to forums
New to forums

Post by helvetica »

Works peachy, thanks!

Next another question I'm afraid - are nade kills not factored in?

http://midwestgamers.stats.nuclearfallo ... hp?id=1099

The nades are listed twice, but the S:K isn't factored in either case. Some sort of bug in psychostats...?
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

Looks like a bug in psychostats or possibly your theme, because the default theme on other stats we host do not have that issue. You could try doing a reset on the stats manager and see if it comes back like that.
-Nick
TwistedPair
New to forums
New to forums

Post by TwistedPair »

I dunno why I didn't come here first... I've been futzing around with that very same grenade tracking issue for 4 days now, and yes it does look like a bug in Psychostats... to my noob-coder layman's eyes anyway. Seems like a holdover from older CS versions.

I've been posting my troubleshooting steps so far over at Psychostats -
http://www.psychostats.com/forums/viewt ... 5770#75770
Found the cause of this issue (most of it?), but won't know if I actually resolved it until tonight (2x/day stats update only on my NFo rental dcr.nuclearfallout.net). If it doesn't seemed fixed tonight I'll purge stats again and will know tomorrow.

All the info I'd been able to find here through various text searches ("weaponstats" and "grenade" were the winners, though still had to sift a lot hehe) suggested the issue was within whichever 3rd party script/program (Mani 1.2BetaN rc2.12 SMM in my case) was delivering the hitbox stats to the logs Psychostats reads. Turned out that's incorrect, but still pointed me in the right direction.

Spent about 3 days of digging through my logs and other random plugin and server locations (maybe a mysterious weaponstats.txt somewhere?) to try and find where it's sending the "grenade" string from (sorry if "string" isn't the correct name for that), and couldn't find it (only contained "hegrenade" in all weaponstats triggers pertaining to hegrenades). Here's the a-typical weaponstats triggers for the 3 grenades from my logs (mp_logdetail 1):

L 10/02/2006 - 11:35:53: "|b| Droz ...<42><BOT><TERRORIST>" triggered "weaponstats" (weapon "hegrenade") (shots "1") (hits "0") (kills "0") (headshots "0") (tks "0") (damage "0") (deaths "0")
L 10/02/2006 - 11:35:53: "|b| Droz ...<42><BOT><TERRORIST>" triggered "weaponstats2" (weapon "hegrenade") (head "0") (chest "0") (stomach "0") (leftarm "0") (rightarm "0") (leftleg "0") (rightleg "0")
L 10/02/2006 - 12:00:46: "|b| Rev. Jesse Custer ....<55><BOT><TERRORIST>" triggered "weaponstats" (weapon "smokegrenade_projectile") (shots "1") (hits "0") (kills "0") (headshots "0") (tks "0") (damage "0") (deaths "0")
L 10/02/2006 - 12:00:46: "|b| Rev. Jesse Custer ....<55><BOT><TERRORIST>" triggered "weaponstats2" (weapon "smokegrenade_projectile") (head "0") (chest "0") (stomach "0") (leftarm "0") (rightarm "0") (leftleg "0") (rightleg "0")
L 10/03/2006 - 06:52:28: "{DCRвот} Shade ..<94><BOT><CT>" triggered "weaponstats" (weapon "flashbang") (shots "1") (hits "0") (kills "0") (headshots "0") (tks "0") (damage "0") (deaths "0")
L 10/03/2006 - 06:52:28: "{DCRвот} Shade ..<94><BOT><CT>" triggered "weaponstats2" (weapon "flashbang") (head "0") (chest "0") (stomach "0") (leftarm "0") (rightarm "0") (leftleg "0") (rightleg "0")

This morning I ran a couple more searches here and looked through the documentation again, and poked around the stats server itself, and found:

compile/games/halflife/cstrike/weapons.cfg

In this file there were no [smokegrenade_projectile] or [flashbang] entries, and there was was an incorrect entry for the hegrenade:

[grenade]
name = HE Grenade
class = explosives

What!!!! Houston, we have string.

Here's all I did in the hope of fixing this, along with an associated small image issue:

--Corrected the above [grenade] entry to:

[hegrenade]
name = HE Grenade
class = explosives

--and added (I honestly don't know if these two are specifically part of the class "explosives". Seems logical though.):

[flashbang]
name = Flashbang Grenade
class = explosives

[smokegrenade_projectile]
name = Smoke Grenade
class = explosives

--Saved corrected weapons.cfg file back into compile/games/halflife/cstrike/
--Remembered the weapons line in stats.cfg, and remembered reading that you can't add paths to it:

[configs]
weapons = weapons.cfg

--so I copied the new weapons.cfg over to compile also (didn't touch the weapons.cfg in compile/games/halflife).
--exported weapon definition csv, deleted "grenade" (hegrenade, smokegrenade_projectile and flashbang were already there), imported back.

That will hopefully correct the split stats between hegrenade and grenade issue. I'll know for certain by tomorrow. Doesn't fix the missing/incorrect small image though. Here's what I did for that:

--downloaded cstrike_grenade.gif (the default red-striped grenade) from /images/weapons/ and set it aside
--installed slserpent's CSS Small Weapon Images with Names - http://www.psychostats.com/contribs/vie ... itemid=138 (HE Grenade image is correct, but was still missing smoke and flash)
--used one of slserpent's images as a template, took the default cstrike_grenade.gif and dropped both into Photoshop
--recolored red stripes from default cstrike_grenade image to yellow, added Flashbang Grenade text, and uploaded as cstrike_flashbang.gif to /images/weapons/
--recolored red stripes from default cstrike_grenade image to dark green, added Smoke Grenade text, and uploaded as cstrike_smokegrenade_projectile.gif to /images/weapons/
--deleted the default cstrike_grenade.gif from /images/weapons/

As you'll see, all my small images are now lined up right, and the erroneous grenade entry now has no image. The misplaced hegrenade stats will be there under grenade until everything the original incorrect [grenade] entry in weapons.cfg called from the logs is purged I'm guessing, at which time it should disappear completely (I hope).

Check the issue progress at - http://dcr.stats.nuclearfallout.net/weaponlist.php (Post-purge edit: Gone until 0715 tomorrow (wednesday). Check back then after my first stats pickup runs).

Feel free to use the smoke and flash images. But remember I used the dimensions from slserpent's small images, so they may line up funny if you're using a different image set.

Check that link after 7:15pm pacific tonight, or 7:15pm pacific tomorrow if I have to purge, to see if the bad entry's gone. If it is, you know it's fixed. If it's still showing the bad grenade entry after tomorrow night, then all I can say is I hope my thought process here jogs some ideas from someone in-the-know and contributes.

On a side note, the images in /images/weapons/large/ ALSO have the same naming issues. I'm not that good an artist though and didn't download a large image pack (yet), and I find I look at the small images a lot more often. But hey...if you can color nicely, now you know how to do it. Winking

Edit: 8:26pm The stats updated as they did before, and when I pull down the csv again, I see the grenade entry replaced. I thought I'd at least see partial stats on the right hegrenade entry, but not a drop. All the stats went to grenade again. Sooo...I purged. Going back through and checking all the changes I did above to make sure they stick (they all seemed to other than the csv). Purged Mani's stats too for s__s and giggles. Time to make some new stats.

10-4 - meh. grenades still.
And here's where I'm at as of this morning -

-Downloaded my entire stats root this time, and started through each and every file. In compile/games/halflife/events.pm, found -

# BUGS in at least 1 version of STATSME/AMXMOD: grenades and fiveseven are spelled wrong
$weapon = 'grenade' if $weapon eq 'hegrenad' or $weapon eq 'hegrenade';
$weapon = 'fiveseven' if $weapon eq 'fiveseve';

...and commented the $weapons out since I still can't find any hegrenade typo's in the logs, and haven't seen the fiveseven erroring. Found no other mention specifically of 'grenade' in any other file.

Now, I know I'm missing something major here (tables come to mind), and I don't know the first thing about SQL. Well ok maybe the first thing...I can search through some of it with Notepad. That's it though.

Looking at my stats->admin->database page, I see:

pstats_c_gameweapons_halflife_cstrike 27
pstats_defs_weapons 27
pstats_gameweapons 27

...which tells me that rat bastige grenade entry still lives in those tables. CS:S has 26 weapons.

I've gone through just about every stats-related file I have access to via ftp, but can't seem to get to the tables, and once I get stats in there, any updated weapons def csv I upload gets overwritten. I say overwritten because the post-upload status says "26 weapons updated successfully", so I know it's saving at least, but when I pull it back down to check, the grenade entry's been replaced.

I caught those last events.pm comments after my last purge, so will purge again and hopefully the tables will rebuild with the correct info..... :?:
TwistedPair
New to forums
New to forums

Post by TwistedPair »

TwistedPair
New to forums
New to forums

Post by TwistedPair »

Meh....that was supposed to be http://dcr.stats.nuclearfallout.net/weaponlist.php

And I realize now I didn't count the knife :wink:

27 weapons in CS:S.
helvetica
New to forums
New to forums

Post by helvetica »

TwistedPair wrote:-Downloaded my entire stats root this time, and started through each and every file. In compile/games/halflife/events.pm, found -

# BUGS in at least 1 version of STATSME/AMXMOD: grenades and fiveseven are spelled wrong

...and commented the $weapons out since I still can't find any hegrenade typo's in the logs, and haven't seen the fiveseven erroring. Found no other mention specifically of 'grenade' in any other file.
So you commented out

Code: Select all

and it worked okay?

I never did fix this issue with our stats, and I need to reinstall the hitbox plugin anyway because people have to have their hitboxes. ¯\(o_º)/¯
TwistedPair
New to forums
New to forums

Post by TwistedPair »

Yep! Waaay after the fact I found this poking around in Statsmeminimum's SMM docs too:
Psychostats functionality :

* You have to set ignorestatsme to 0 in your stats.cfg to get it worked.
* He-Grenades will work. 2 HE-Grenades are shown because psychostats 2.3 do a conversion for CS1.6 . For CS-Source delete or comment line 784 in games\halflife\Events.pm

Quote:

I'm not sure if editing the weapons.cfg(s) is necessary though, or if events.pm will generate the correction itself. But I did that part manually too to get flash and smoke in there.
TwistedPair
New to forums
New to forums

Post by TwistedPair »

...and I'm not sure if it's causing my current problem - :oops:

http://rentalforums.nuclearfallout.net/ ... php?t=3088
helvetica
New to forums
New to forums

Post by helvetica »

Woo hoo it worked! Thanks. :)

What stats are messed for you? We have Mani and we don't use any of its ranking info. From what I see, the plugin generates the extra info in the logs files and strips it out of there.