HTLV control from an lo3 script

Azyre
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

HTLV control from an lo3 script

Post by Azyre »

Is anyone arware of a way to make HLTV record from inside an lo3 script? I've seen servers do this before, but I'm not sure how to go about making this happen. Both the HLTV and the server are hosted from NFO if it makes any differance.

What I'm looking for is when I exec lo3.cfg, it auto triggers the command to the HLTV to start recording the match to defualt.dem (I can rename the file later.)

Anyone have any idea how to go about this?
Azyre
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Azyre »

Nevermind found your HLTV faq heh sorry
Azyre
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Azyre »

OK I tried as hard as a could, but I can;t get this work through an lo3 script. If anyone has a good way to do this, or even better an lo3, or hltvexec script that I can just copy and upload to the server to get this to work I'd really appreciate the help!
Azyre
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Azyre »

OK... I know this is getting bad, but I got everything working through the local hltvstartrecord.cfg. Now I'm looking for a way to make it so that it names the demo differantly everytime I start. Does anyone know if there are any working wildcards for demo naming? Like $d$t.dem?
bOoya
Former staff
Former staff

Post by bOoya »

it should name them a little different each time, with the time/date and mapname on each one.