CONSIDERING STARTING SERVER WITH NFO, FEW TECH QUESTIONS

Hatz
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

CONSIDERING STARTING SERVER WITH NFO, FEW TECH QUESTIONS

Post by Hatz »

First, I am wondering if it is possible to have the uwc3 40 mod on a server through you guys. I heard it couldnt be done.

I also heard it can lag the server bad if there are too many plugins. Does this mean too many enabled at once? Or too many uploaded at once?

Which amx version should I use, .20? Is that the latest?

Any help appreciated, I am new to starting a server and know it's complicated.
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

You can install uwc3 40 if you wish, we do not provide extensive support for it due to its buggy nature at times.

You can definitely lag a server with a ton of plugins, but just having them uploaded doesn't do a thing. They must actually be enabled and loaded through amxmodx to cause anything to happen.

The latest amxmodx version is 1.76c which is what we currently install through our auto installer.
-Nick
Hatz
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Hatz »

Thank you for the prompt reply. While I used to hear that UWC3 40 mod used to be buggy, ive played a recent version and it was great on this one server.

Why would there not be much support for the 40 mod? It's uwc3 trying to be newer and more improved than the older versions.

Where can I get the latest amx version on my own, and/or read about the latest version's updates?

Is it bad to use an older one like .20? I fear using newer versions may make a lot of the plugins i just downloaded not work properly, and perhaps even uwc3.
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

.20 is quite outdated, uses more cpu and doesn't use any of the great features amxmodx has today

Most of the plugins you'll find on their site are made for newer versions of amxmodx so if you wanted to run any custom plugins other than wc3, you would probably have difficulties.

The amxmodx site is http://www.amxmodx.org and forums at http://forums.alliedmods.net
-Nick
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

NFo only supports the server not its contents.
Example ( Plugins, Mods, and other type of things)
Hatz
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Hatz »

Ive been reading about support with NFO users assisting people on the forums here in setting stuff up, why are you belittling them Ice? Ive seen them help people. Just like they are helping me now, and I have got all my stuff from alliedmods. They claim amx 1.76 will support most old plugins. Hopefully it will go smooth.
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

I am a customer...and im proud to be an NFo customer.

They are not responsible for the plugins and installs, the only way you will get support on plugins is if you go to the creators website.
Hatz
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Hatz »

there is a difference between responsible and supporting
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

There is also a difference between stating the facts and belittling. :lol:
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

Well why wait anymore? you get 2 free days trial...sign up and test em out. You won't get charged for the trial period. If you like em join the ship. NFo has top notch bandwidth + equipment and the servers well...they are just amazing.