Choke Help!

greenjizz
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Choke Help!

Post by greenjizz »

Ok I've been working on this problem for the entire week now and though I'd post in this forum.

I just bought a new server 24 players, 100 tick hyperaccellerated 500FPS but have serious choke issues anywhere from 1-60. One of the support members said that I should remove Mani Admin, so I tried and it seemed to work ok then I put Mani back on and it seemed ok as well. I ended up leaving Mani installed with no problem until night time around 9pm then everyone on my server complains about choke and leaves.

I play a lot of other servers as well that have Mani Admin installed on them and I get 0 choke all the time. I have played with my cl_updaterate and cl_cmdrate till the cows come home but still no luck. I really really want to keep mani admin on as I feel other servers don't experience this problem so why should my server? I've also done a trace and everything looks fantastic sub 20 pings for everyone.

If anyone can help point me in the right direction either with some way of disabling a few mani plugins I will never use or some sort of configuration on my server it would be very much appreciated. I really like BFO and don't want to move to another server provider the staff is excellent and been nothing but helpfull but I can't continue to lose players every night because the choke is 30-60.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Which location is your server?

(We have heard a couple of concerns from NYC customers but are having a tough time tracking down what might be happening there. We suspect that either InterNAP or one of its upstreams is having a router problem, but we need more data on the issue.)

Please do send us your IP in email so that we can run some more extensive tests.
greenjizz
New to forums
New to forums

Post by greenjizz »

What email would you like me to send it to?
greenjizz
New to forums
New to forums

Post by greenjizz »

Sorry to double post but I couldn't edit my previous comment.

Yes the server is located in NYC. If this continues would it be possible to switch me over to Chicago?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

rentals @ nuclearfallout.net, please. Also, please include a copy of your tracert to the server, so I can see what NSP you're coming in over.

You can switch locations at any time through our Price/order page, for free (as long as the new price is the same as the old). You might also consider our Washington, DC location.