questions about new server.

dlanor
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

questions about new server.

Post by dlanor »

i had asked back not to long ago if i could have the same ip and address as another server that NFO used to rent out. i was told that i could as long as i waited two weeks and then you could release the ip. its been just about two weeks and i am ready to start renting the server how do i go about renting the server ip and address ?

sunburn.nuclearfallout.net:27015 address

Ip 64.94.100.89:27015

also ping accelerators ? they worth it ?
i want a 15 man server running the HL mod CS 1.6. what would you suggest i buy ? i would like the ultra accelerator but i have heard that some players have problems playing on ultra accelerated servers. Is that true ?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: questions about new server.

Post by Edge100x »

dlanor wrote:i had asked back not to long ago if i could have the same ip and address as another server that NFO used to rent out. i was told that i could as long as i waited two weeks and then you could release the ip. its been just about two weeks and i am ready to start renting the server how do i go about renting the server ip and address ?
You'll want to email us first so that we can reserve it for you as soon as it becomes available. We'll then have you subscribe to a server and then we can move it to that IP.
also ping accelerators ? they worth it ? i want a 15 man server running the HL mod CS 1.6. what would you suggest i buy ?
Some players will say yes, they can tell a difference between the acceleration levels, and some will say no, it isn't noticable. I'd recommend that you try each one during your free trial period to get a feel for what will offer you the best value personally.
i would like the ultra accelerator but i have heard that some players have problems playing on ultra accelerated servers. Is that true ?
Some players do have issues with 1000 FPS servers; the larger number of packets and amount of data flying back and forth tends to strain client machines and connections. For a mass-appeal pub that works well for just about everyone, you might be better off with the standard accelerator. (I'd still recommend trying each level of acceleration to get a complete picture.)
dlanor
New to forums
New to forums

Post by dlanor »

great thank you! but i do have another question AMX or admin mod ? amx is newer right ? but witch is better ?
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

I would probably say amxx, since you can also use the built in stats for your stats if you wish to have stats. Also since its newer, has a much bigger community and is supported by its developers.
-Nick