Quick Question

Smokin Fools
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Quick Question

Post by Smokin Fools »

Hello I'm really thinking of getting a rental from Nuclear Fallout, but I have a couple of questions. Ok we all know when some people use "QuickStart" from Counter-Strike will my server be available for people to play on or will I have manually give people my ip? Also if I choose to rent from Nuclear Fallout will my server ip be xxxx.nuclearfallout.net:27015 etc.... or will it be numbers (216.237.6.97:27015 etc....). Also I hear alot about ftp is there a certain amount of maps that I can upload or will I have to settle for the basic maps that come with CS? thank you. Ooooh 1 more question I'm almost ready to pay-pal, but I don't like the name I picked smoke.nuclearfallout.net can I change that!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Quick Question

Post by Edge100x »

Hello I'm really thinking of getting a rental from Nuclear Fallout, but I have a couple of questions. Ok we all know when some people use "QuickStart" from Counter-Strike will my server be available for people to play on or will I have manually give people my ip?
It will show up in the in-game browser, and you will likely also get traffic through quickstart. It registers itself properly through all the normal channels.
Also if I choose to rent from Nuclear Fallout will my server ip be xxxx.nuclearfallout.net:27015 etc.... or will it be numbers (216.237.6.97:27015 etc....).
Both at the same time. You can choose to give out either the domain version or the IP version; they will both point to your server.
Also I hear alot about ftp is there a certain amount of maps that I can upload or will I have to settle for the basic maps that come with CS?
If you purchase FTP, you can upload basically as many maps as you want (refer to the FAQ for more information on that). Without FTP, you are stuck with the basic maps that come with CS.
1 more question I'm almost ready to pay-pal, but I don't like the name I picked smoke.nuclearfallout.net can I change that!
That shouldn't be a problem. Just email me the one you'd prefer ;)
Smokin Fools
New to forums
New to forums

Great Thanks a Million!

Post by Smokin Fools »

Thanks for e-mailing me back. My freakin ethernet card messed up about a couple hours after this post, but 3 1/2 days of screwing around with charter cable & earthlink that support was horrible. Hope the NFO support wont be as horrible! I will be e-mailing you fellas about my new name " REAL SOON" Once again thanks guys Please be patient. :cry:
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Ikes, that's a long time ;). We definitely aren't that bad!