hlsw says I have 96 unknown maps on my server ?

hlds_noob
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

hlsw says I have 96 unknown maps on my server ?

Post by hlds_noob »

When I use HLSW to change the map on my server, it says that all of these numbered maps that start with a "c" are in the maps folder, but when I check that maps folder using my ftp client, they aren't in the folder. I can change the server to any of these maps, but it just crashes the server.

I know that I didn't upload these maps. Has anyone else had this happen to them ?

running DoD 1.3 on Linux, Amxmodx.
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Re: hlsw says I have 96 unknown maps on my server ?

Post by TimeX »

That makes me wonder what method HLSW is using to check for maps, because that seems like it is using something other than the rcon maps * command.

The list of maps you are seeing seems to be single and multiplayer maps for serveral HL1 based games.
TimeX
hlds_noob
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by hlds_noob »

TimeX wrote:That makes me wonder what method HLSW is using to check for maps, because that seems like it is using something other than the rcon maps * command.

The list of maps you are seeing seems to be single and multiplayer maps for serveral HL1 based games.
This happens with all version of HLSW, so I don't think that its a bug in hlsw.
If you notice, I'm using an older version too, 1.3.0 and it has worked perfectly for years.

Timex, can you check that maps folder on you're end and see if it differs with what I am seeing ?
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

Go ahead and send in a help request from your control panel and one of us can take a look at it and work it out from there.
TimeX