hltv on pub?

sylar
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

hltv on pub?

Post by sylar »

k, so i have a pub server (32 slots) which is quite famous.

for popularity and movie making reasons, i am thinking about adding an hltv which would record my pub and make demos public via website.

(i probably would just install a web server and have hltv run and save demos in some directory inside public/directory and use some php script to display whole directory on site where anybody can download demos)

so my question is

1) how disk intensive is htlv?
i have a 2 core vds and i can upgrade to 3 cores for this. but if its too much disk intensive that my cs servers perform poorly, then i might buy a separate single core vds and install a webserver on it.

2) a friend said that recording 32 players at once could lag the server due to limited connection speed. hence would putting an hltv that would record 32 players at once have any adverser effect on pub?

thanks for your help
~sylar
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: hltv on pub?

Post by Edge100x »

I don't think that it would be intensive enough that you would notice, but that's easily tested :).

It should be able to record OK. Make sure that your sv_minrate and sv_maxrate are set high on the server. You might also try setting "maxrate" to something high in the hltv configuration file, but I don't think it will be necessary for recording purposes.