server restarts/crashes

lethaltalon
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

server restarts/crashes

Post by lethaltalon »

everytime the server crashes or any big change i.e. like for Christmas time, I removed all maps from the maps folder to another folder and move in the xmas maps, restarted server and the user.ini file in amxmodx gets empty out and i have to upload or edit it to get admins back. what can i do to keep the file from getting erased? i believe i have set propreties to read only then uploaded it via ftp and it will still get erased
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Re: server restarts/crashes

Post by TimeX »

That shouldn't be happening at any time, so that is very strange. Are the file's contents being erased completely, or is any text being left in it?

Are you setting up any users by IP instead of Steam ID? If so, using the "Easy setup" page in the control panel can cause problems since it only saves by Steam ID.
TimeX
lethaltalon
A regular
A regular

Post by lethaltalon »

yea "loopback" " " "abcdefghijklmnopqrstu" "de" is the only txt left in the file.
and no i have only used steam id's and i have learn the leason the hard way so now i have that file saved on my computer if i every need to add any admins i just open the file from my machine and then upload it w/the ftp or copy all txt. from control panel/file manager, i edit the user.ini file paste all info and save. i have not use the easy setup other than changing the default map and the scroll message.
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

That may be related to the Easy setup page, then, since all settings on that page recommit even if just one thing was changed. You could try commiting the page with and without the server running just to see if it has an effect.

Beyond that, perhaps it is a custom plugin causing issues.
TimeX
lethaltalon
A regular
A regular

Post by lethaltalon »

also this has been on going for the three yrs we have had the server..as it not a really big deal, like i said i have the file saved so i have a quic fix, i was just wondering if anyone knew of a fix. do the file properties get changed during the upload? as in user.ini set for read only b4 uploading
lethaltalon
A regular
A regular

Post by lethaltalon »

yea could be i have never checked after hitting commit if the file gets wiped out but other times in the past on missing wad file causing the server to crash can empty out the file without doing anything in the easy setup