Bad Command Character in Client Command

Y060N
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Bad Command Character in Client Command

Post by Y060N »

I'm getting this every so often now on map changes. All players can't connect (or the ones connecting get kicked with message: Bad Command Character in Client Command ). When I change the map it goes away but it really drives traffic down when the server has 22-24 people only 10 or so will return.

I read on steam forums that it can be a firmware problem with routers, but NFO and they said all their firmware is updated and haven't seen that error in years.

Not really sure how to go about fixing this but I'd really appreciate any help I can get here!

Thanks in advanced.
Y060N
New to forums
New to forums

Re: Bad Command Character in Client Command

Post by Y060N »

Oh, and I kind of want to know if there is an alternative route to disabling all plugins, since I run a modded server it's not that possible for me to.

If not then I guess I will start disabling 1 by 1 and see if the problem persists, but I thought I'd ask here first before I go ahead and do that.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

You're not running nosteam/dproto, are you?
Y060N
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Y060N »

Indeed, is this the issue that is causing that? While it gets more traffic, I'd rather have a stable server.

I've also hit problems with CMD_MAXBACKUP HIT lately also. Are these known issues with dproto?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

These are not problems that I see with servers that we support, so they could easily be dproto-specific issues. We will not be able to assist you with configuring and operating a nosteam server.
Y060N
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Y060N »

That's understandable I am sure you have an agreement with Valve so I won't ask any more. I will try some things out, if not I will be disabling dproto and coming back for some answers :P

Thanks again John!