counterstrike maps and not cz maps on my cz server?

rsummerlin
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

counterstrike maps and not cz maps on my cz server?

Post by rsummerlin »

Let me start, first of all I have a cz game server, earlier this week I played office_cz and it was cz, now as of yesterday it is a cs (counterstrike version of office)???? I have contacted support and they have tried several times trying to figure it out and so they told me to post here for help?????????????????????????????? so can somebody help?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: counterstrike maps and not cz maps on my cz server?

Post by Edge100x »

It's odd that a staffmember would have you post here, if you're running the base game and included map. You're referring to cs_office_cz, correct, and you're running without any plugins?
rsummerlin
New to forums
New to forums

Post by rsummerlin »

Yes that is odd about the staff but yes that is correct, no plugins just the amxmod and super mod
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

I talked to someone earlier in the week asking the same question, perhaps the same person? In that case, the server had a map rotation set using CZ maps, but the maps.ini file for Amxmodx had nothing but standard CS 1.6 maps listed, so map votes and menus would cause the server to change to the CS 1.6 maps instead.
TimeX
rsummerlin
New to forums
New to forums

Post by rsummerlin »

hmm, so what do I need to do to get back to cz? reinstall Amxmodx?? weird because my addons/adminmod/config/maps.ini is empty? is that right?
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

What I saw above may not have been your server, but worth checking out. It is strange that the file would be empty. Have you tried shutting the server down and then checking the file? It is kept in use and locked while the server is running, and may be related to why you saw it blank.

The server will simply load the maps called for, so someone or something called for the map name without _cz at the end of the map name. If the maps.ini file has the normal CS maps liste, you would just need to change the maps listed to correct that.
TimeX
rsummerlin
New to forums
New to forums

Post by rsummerlin »

I shut it down and the addons/adminmod/config/maps.ini is still blank?
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

That may just be the way yours is, then. Something else could still be calling for the other map names, though. If you would like us to take a look at your specific server, please open a help request from the "Help" page in your control panel.
TimeX
rsummerlin
New to forums
New to forums

Post by rsummerlin »

I did that and the person helping me told me to post here to get help????????? Something has to give here, seriously.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

rsummerlin, whoever originally told you that appears to have been mistaken, as I initially suggested. We need to be able to look at your server directly to help you with this and confirm that it's not a problem with the game itself.
rsummerlin
New to forums
New to forums

Post by rsummerlin »

okay, I will submit it again