Cs 1.6 server was moved

lethaltalon
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Cs 1.6 server was moved

Post by lethaltalon »

"Your server was moved from machine atlanta-quad266-2 to atlanta-quad266-3 as part of normal daily load-balancing."
Questions is what happen to all the files that where in the models, sprite, amxmodx, podbot, podbot-wptdefault folder? files did not get move with the other stuff most folders were there but only the .ztmp files where in them. maps, models and sprites file are no big deal except for the time it takes to re-upload them but the .pwf files in podbot/wptdefault folder 85% of them i dont have backups for and each one i spent the time to make myself, are the files still on the server machine we were moved from, or backed up somewhrere else?
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Cs 1.6 server was moved

Post by kraze »

lethaltalon wrote:"Your server was moved from machine atlanta-quad266-2 to atlanta-quad266-3 as part of normal daily load-balancing."
Questions is what happen to all the files that where in the models, sprite, amxmodx, podbot, podbot-wptdefault folder? files did not get move with the other stuff most folders were there but only the .ztmp files where in them. maps, models and sprites file are no big deal except for the time it takes to re-upload them but the .pwf files in podbot/wptdefault folder 85% of them i dont have backups for and each one i spent the time to make myself, are the files still on the server machine we were moved from, or backed up somewhrere else?

No files should of gone missing during an normal load balancing move, I would open a request with the exact files that are missing so a staff member can check in to it.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
lethaltalon
A regular
A regular

Post by lethaltalon »

well we are talking thousands of files missing. when i got home that night the server was cycling on 2 maps, no one had admin because only half the amxmodx folders had been moved. the amx .dlls were not there so of course amx was not working podbot .dlls were not there so it was not working. i probably had over 400 custom maps i've uploaded in the 3 years we have been here and all the models, sprites, sounds and .wad files that go with the maps are all gone, only maps that were there, was the default maps you guys have (comes with the server). so and exact list of files, would take me forever to read each map .res file i have a list of maps that was generated by a plugin
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

You should absolutely open a support request so that we can investigate this. All of the files and folders should have been transferred as part of the process, but if they weren't, the files should still be on the original machine, and we can recover them if you act quickly.

I can't remember the last time that a game server move failed. You weren't using more than the 8 GB limit on space, were you?
lethaltalon
A regular
A regular

Post by lethaltalon »

oh there's a space limit of 8 gigs? hmmm i don't recall ever seeing a limit, i swear i read unlimited space some where. i would have to guess that yea it was probably over 8 gigs.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Please contact us directly in the support system ASAP and have this escalated to me so that I can check it out.
lethaltalon
A regular
A regular

Post by lethaltalon »

ok, opened a request Brandon replied "Call that done :) sending it to him now."
lethaltalon
A regular
A regular

Post by lethaltalon »

here on april 22nd the server was moved again, missing files and sent a help desk request about 45 mins ago, would someone be there on a sunday?
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

We are here 7 days a week :) our response times in the morning are a few minutes slower due to all of the overnights but someone should be replying soon. We open at 8am Pacific.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!