Why csdm can't be run on windows os?

sharp
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Why csdm can't be run on windows os?

Post by sharp »

Why csdm can only be run on linux os not window os? (for your gameserver) what if we really want to run on window os?
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Re: Why csdm can't be run on windows os?

Post by TimeX »

CSDM simply doesn't load on Windows. This is a problem that started after a game update at some point in the past, and even under Linux there are some options that will crash the server.

To fix this problem, CSDM needs to be updated, but it doesn't look like like CSDM is updated anymore.
TimeX
209ham
New to forums
New to forums

Post by 209ham »

I can confirm that I have had a CSDM working as of this morning on my last server. It was on a windows server.(no longer up, switched to NFO). However i downloaded my files from amxmodx and csdm website and installed manually.
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

Do you have this working on a server with us now, or was it just at the other host? It may be that the other host is not using the same version of the game as us.

We run the latest beta here since it has many exploit fixes in it, but some other hosts may not be running the beta (though I don't recall if it worked on that version either.
TimeX
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

The beta became the real release version awhile back, as well. If the other host is running an older one, they're officially behind :).

The latest release fixes pretty critical exploitable crash bugs, as well as some more minor bugs related to servers not showing in the list and that sort of thing.
R3dwire
New to forums
New to forums

Post by R3dwire »

I am runing csdm on window and i did the auto install on the cp however there are some function that doesnt work such as the gun menu items drop ect . But i just install others plugins to fix what i need to be fix .