server lag

lethaltalon
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

server lag

Post by lethaltalon »

nfo.JPG
after getting a bunch or complains about the server, i found this event in the control panel, i have in the past notice only on a few maps that had bad lag when 5 or more people in our server and it was due to the map itself. i run a bot server (podbot) with a quota of 3 bots per human player. now any map that is played if there are more than three humans playing there is major lag, could this filter yall added be causing all this lag? as there have been no changes to the server, i.e. no new amx plugins or anything done to the server for a long time and everything ran smooth until the same time frame from that event time stamp
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: server lag

Post by Edge100x »

It is very unlikely that the filter would be affecting you. When we apply a filter, it is always specific to the customer IP being hit, and constructed to only block the attack traffic and not legitimate traffic.
lethaltalon
A regular
A regular

Post by lethaltalon »

ok so now what can we do about this lag? like i said, nothing has been added to the server, no new amx plugins or anything for at lease 6 months never had a lag issue before now. we have members that wont play on that server anymore and regulars that stopped playing as well. I've had this server since Dec. 08 with podbots running and never had lag problems like this
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Does the problem happen without bots or other plugins running?

It is possible that Valve's most recent update is not fully compatible with your bots/plugins and that they will need to be updated.
lethaltalon
A regular
A regular

Post by lethaltalon »

have not disabled the bots, but did update with no change
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Please do test without bots, as an experiment.

We can also move you to a new machine if you wish to rule out hardware.
lethaltalon
A regular
A regular

Post by lethaltalon »

had about 15-20 people in tonight and turned off the bots no lag problems on any maps
lethaltalon
A regular
A regular

Post by lethaltalon »

well what now? no bots no lag, bots running and 4 or more people major lag. I don't believe its a connection lag, seems to be cpu performance. a few weeks ago we had no problems do you guys load a few more game server on the same machine we are on? do i need to go back to the order form page and increase cpu priority to fix this lag or maybe move us to a different machine? lemme know the best option
lethaltalon
A regular
A regular

Post by lethaltalon »

you guys normally respond fairly quick, what going on?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We can move you to a new machine if you wish, but this does not sound like a CPU usage problem. We intentionally underload all our machines (rather severely) and they're all very fast, to the extent that four bots (the most we allow customers to run), or even more, should not cause problems. This means that the issue is most likely to be an incompatibility between your bots and the latest HL1 code, as I mentioned might be the case.

When you asked us for permission to run PODbot, did we confirm with you that these were properly waypointed?