Load Map Configs

Draxis
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Load Map Configs

Post by Draxis »

How do I have certain cvars change when a certain map loads. Like reducing gravity or removing the freezetime? I thought it was just to name a .cfg file that matched the map name, but that doesn't seem to be working.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

When you create the .cfg file to match the map name (de_dust.cfg, for instance), are you putting it in the main server directory (where it needs to be)?
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

are you using amx?

if so, you have to use the amx map plugin which allows you to put map configs in a seperate folder within the plugins folder.

http://amxmod.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=25130
-Nick
Draxis
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Draxis »

I am putting then in the main server directory. And the map names match which is the oddest thing. This setup worked before, but ever since I had our server reset and started from scratch it doesn't want to work anymore. Maybe I'll give this AMX plugin a try to see if it will do the trick.

Update: I just read that AMX mod thread, and if you have AdminMod disabled, your server won't read the map configs from your root cstrike folder. I have admin mod disabled since we only use AMX. I'll download this plugin and that should make this stuff work again. Thanks for the help.
Draxis
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Draxis »

I can't download that plugin from the AMX site, and when I try to compile it myself it won't load. Does anyone have a copy of that plugin that works with AMX 0.97?

I also tried re-enabling AdminMod to get it to work in the meantime, but apparently AdminMod doesn't work with the latest Steam update.
|dC|2bit
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by |dC|2bit »

If you cant find anyone to compile that for you today I will do it tonight. I just need to make sure that i have the right plugin.

What version of AMX are you using? I need that to compile it with the right AMX.
Draxis
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Draxis »

I'd appreciate that. Thanks. I'm using version 0.9.7.
metro
Staff
Staff

Post by metro »

There is a beta release of AMX mod that is working pretty well for us right now. Version 0.9.8a is the latest beta and it is also made up of the high performance release that was compiled for 0.9.7 as well. I am noticing only one problem that I am not sure is related to the new version or a plugin removal, but now the mapchooser no longer displays the option to extend the map when it calls for a vote. Swapping out map plugins did not fix this, but I honestly feel it is something with one of my configs that is causing the issue.

You should check into upgrading AMX to the new beta version and compile the source code with the new version. It is possible the plugin you are using was also designed for an earlier version and may not work with a newer one since there has been a little structure changes made over the last few builds.