map specific settings in a file

s8int
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

map specific settings in a file

Post by s8int »

hi i tried to follow the threads indicated by the help people who i thank for trying to assist even though its not their job,but i had trouble as the thread didnt say how to do what they were saying to do.i made a folder as instructed called maps put it in the right place,but i dont know if i made a file or a folder.then i tried to make a map file in the "folder" i didnt know how to do that either,what i did was type the command lines in the maps folder/file that i made.i did this not knowing how to make folders and files all i can say is there appears to now be a folder in the right spot with a few commands in it.this is what the link told me to do.is that correct?they didnt give a good example
i put the maps entry in /cstrike/addons/amxmodx/configs.,but it doesnt seem to be in the right format the icon looks like a .wad file icon and it seems to use notepad to open it,also it doesnt seem to hold on to the comand lines i am putting into it,it says it is empty now.this is what the link said to do
http://www.ingame.ro/viewtopic.php?f=146&t=531
For each map, you can also add a configuration file that will execute when the map loads. This is useful to set certain settings for 3rd party maps, say, removing the freeze time on fy_iceworld.

To do this, simply create a folder in amxmodx/configs called "maps" and place a .cfg file named after the map with the settings in it, for example, you might have amxmodx/configs/maps/fy_iceworld.cfg:
mp_startmoney 16000
mp_freezetime 0
mp_timelimit 20
J-English
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: map specific settings in a file

Post by J-English »

Also with certain maps you could have different game types for each specific map.
1 map could be for DM etc..I always wanted to experiment with that on css,making a cfg file with some settings