ADmin Vs. Amx Mod

GhostTsTp
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

ADmin Vs. Amx Mod

Post by GhostTsTp »

For a server, which would be better? Is there a difference?

Any advice would be great. Thx
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

amx seems to be the leading choice, more flexibility and plugins.
-Nick
|dC|2bit
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by |dC|2bit »

After using Adminmod, AMXMod, and ClanMod. I like AMX the best, if you run AMX and csstats you get very few if any problems.
aBstracT
Staff
Staff

Post by aBstracT »

I would choose amx too. easier.
Vm|Mayhem
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Vm|Mayhem »

I like adminmod...Less buggy.
aBstracT
Staff
Staff

Post by aBstracT »

Well, one isn't better than the other. It's what you perfer.

:)
metro
Staff
Staff

Post by metro »

Adminmod has more options to be amazingly cruel to problematic players, but AMX has pretty much everything you can do with Adminmod. We run both Adminmod and AMX on our server. As far as functionality, accessibility, and expandability I prefer AMX. I like to think of AMX as being a combination of Adminmod and Clanmod. It takes the best of both worlds and makes a nice mod for the server. I especially like the ingame menu for server control. It saves having to type each command in the console and is organized well.

There are also tons of awesome plugins for AMX too. You can do so much with it and the AMX community has also been good to me. There is the risk of a plugin not working great or causing a server problem because most of the plugins are user contributed but I have not had many problems with anything except for problems that I have created myself. I would nod towards AMX mod, and it is safe to run it as the only server mod for EVERYTHING.

AMX mod has a built in stats engine so there is no need for StatsMe. You can also use StatsX, a plugin for AMX which is a beefed up version of the AMX native stats system. AMX has everything you need to make the server reliable, managable, and easy to maintain. If you are familiar with Adminmod, the commands are identical but prefixed with amx_ instead of admin_.