New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Plugin Crashes My Server

Post by Crusec »

Hi, I'm using this plugin: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=164224

This is the log of my most recent crash: http://pastebin.com/5PBjcnVQ

This is what I've done:

The server was wiped, so I could start off with no variables. Then, I had amxmodx autoinstalled via the NFO control panel, which is version 1.8.3-hg83. Then, I installed the plugin from the alliedmods page above (jailbreakmodbeta.amxx), and then installed everything that was in the zip that came with the plugin. I also put jailbreakmod.txt into the lang folder. Then, I added this map: http://cs.gamebanana.com/maps/155405

I have no idea whats happening, maybe its incompatible with this version of amxx, but theres nothing telling me that. Maybe someone here can help.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Plugin Crashes My Server

Post by Edge100x »

I'd also recommend trying AMXx 1.8.2 (you'd have to manually install it). I've seen another plugin or two that required that specific version, for some reason.
Crusec
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Crusec »

I did try and do that, but I had a hard time. I downloaded the full installer exe from http://www.amxmodx.org/downloads.php, and had it upload to the ftp. But then, the server didnt read amxmodx and didnt even load it. What do I have to do there?
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

You can't use the installer. You need to download the "Mod Addon Packs".
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
$atanic $pirit
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by $atanic $pirit »

kraze wrote:You can't use the installer. You need to download the "Mod Addon Packs".
Why can't you use installer? I have used it plenty of times on windows and linux. Worked easily for me.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

$atanic $pirit wrote:
kraze wrote:You can't use the installer. You need to download the "Mod Addon Packs".
Why can't you use installer? I have used it plenty of times on windows and linux. Worked easily for me.
Since he is using our standard hosting he can't run an exe remotely.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
$atanic $pirit
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by $atanic $pirit »

Is that a restriction on managed installs ? From what I know it goes through ftp and I used it plenty of times via my ftp account on unmanaged machine.
Spray
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Spray »

$atanic $pirit wrote:Is that a restriction on managed installs ? From what I know it goes through ftp and I used it plenty of times via my ftp account on unmanaged machine.
Yes, managed installs are not able to open executables, this would be a large security risk.
doulos9
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by doulos9 »

Ya, you definitely do not want a $atanic $pirit running exe files on your server.
$atanic $pirit
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by $atanic $pirit »

Spray wrote: Yes, managed installs are not able to open executables, this would be a large security risk.
I wasn't referring to executables. Basically what I said was just use ftp to transfer files to your server. Now you can't say it won't work because package that amxmodx provides only uploads text, amxx and module files which are .so or .dll depending on your setup.

[*]Configs need to be customized according to your own taste, so they can be changed.
[*]Modules need to be updated, so I take they can be changed.
[*]Different plugins are added and removed. No question there.

I have never been on managed install so I might be missing a small detail here, but from what I know it should work.
doulos9 wrote:Ya, you definitely do not want a $atanic $pirit running exe files on your server.
That's an old joke. Heard it a couple of times now.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

You wanted him to use the installer. That was implying he could run an .exe remotely when he can't. Sure, he could download the installer, let it install locally and transfer the files via FTP. Alternatively he could download the files directly and just upload them, bypassing the installer.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
$atanic $pirit
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by $atanic $pirit »

kraze wrote:You wanted him to use the installer. That was implying he could run an .exe remotely when he can't. Sure, he could download the installer, let it install locally and transfer the files via FTP. Alternatively he could download the files directly and just upload them, bypassing the installer.

Oh I think we are thinking totally different things here. What I was referring to was the fact that amxmodx installer comes with an inbuilt FTP feature via which it will transfer the files directory in your mod directory on your VDS.

I never meant to run the installer on VDS, but run the installer on your PC and use ftp feature.