voice settings

vindictiveRR
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

voice settings

Post by vindictiveRR »

Can anyone recommend any good voice settings? Im having a problem with hlss. A friend uses it when there is only 4-6 players on, and when all talk is on. Its fun when we are just messing around, but the pings skyrocket. I have never messed with voice settings. Can anyone recommend anything? Or if not the voice, something that might help?
vindictiveRR
A regular
A regular

Post by vindictiveRR »

bump
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

hlss? Is that some sort of third-party plugin?

For voices in the game you really shouldn't need to tweak anything and it shouldn't cause lag for you unless you have your rate set too low. All the voice settings are on the server, such as sv_voicequality and the codec setting.

You really don't need to bump your message; we don't get enough threads here for that. Bumps are mainly necessary on larger forums where your post scrolls off the front page quickly.
aBstracT
Staff
Staff

Post by aBstracT »

I believe it's Half-Life sound selector...

My friend also used that.
vindictiveRR
A regular
A regular

Post by vindictiveRR »

aBstracT wrote:I believe it's Half-Life sound selector...

My friend also used that.
Thats correct. Are there any server side voice settings that i can tweak?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

sv_voicecodec and sv_voicequality are the ones I know of, both of which should be in server.cfg.

If your sound quality is bad, usually that stems from a bad mic/sound card. Sometimes changing the codec will help but it may not reach the source of the problem.
Darkfyre|NFo
Staff
Staff

Post by Darkfyre|NFo »

We don't support HLSS as it is a third-party plugin; however, I have seen many a forum with people having problems. It appears to be inherent in the code. I have used it, and if you want my personal opinion, this plugin/program sucks. If you are looking to just play simple sound files, there are some included with amxmod. I haven't found a reason why you would want to play music over the mic...
vindictiveRR
A regular
A regular

Post by vindictiveRR »

Thanks alot, ill pass that on.