Ts3 ftp

TreeBek
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Ts3 ftp

Post by TreeBek »

Hi, is there anyway to access the ts3 server my group rented through a ftp client?
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Ts3 ftp

Post by soja »

I scoured the KB for Teamspeak and couldn't find any mention of FTP, so I do not think it is possible. May I ask what you need FTP for? If FTP isn't available, NFO most likely provides whatever functionality you're looking for somewhere else.
Not a NFO employee
TreeBek
New to forums
New to forums

Post by TreeBek »

Never mind It is completely unneeded I was just over thinking how to upload group icons.
rymax99
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by rymax99 »

Due to the way TeamSpeak runs in virtual servers, storing everything in one central location including SQLite databases in one central location, it's impossible to give clients access without them having total access over the server - there is one daemon that is running all of the virtual servers. I'm pretty sure it'd be impossible for NFO to isolate TeamSpeak servers due to licensing and overall viability.

I'm not sure why you'd want FTP access, though - you can do pretty much everything you'd ever need/want to do within the TS3 UI/server query(rarely needed for usual use).

Wrote my post before I saw you reply, but I'll post it anyway for information sake.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

rymax99 wrote:Due to the way TeamSpeak runs in virtual servers, storing everything in one central location including SQLite databases in one central location, it's impossible to give clients access without them having total access over the server - there is one daemon that is running all of the virtual servers. I'm pretty sure it'd be impossible for NFO to isolate TeamSpeak servers due to licensing and overall viability.

I'm not sure why you'd want FTP access, though - you can do pretty much everything you'd ever need/want to do within the TS3 UI/server query(rarely needed for usual use).
NFO doesn't do it that way:
Each TS3 server has its own process, so every server has the virtual server ID of 1. Our TS3 servers have the right privileges for guest accounts to connect and list the virtual servers, which is why most remote querying scripts work out of the box without needing to specify it.
http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =56&t=5005
Not a NFO employee
rymax99
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by rymax99 »

soja wrote:
rymax99 wrote:Due to the way TeamSpeak runs in virtual servers, storing everything in one central location including SQLite databases in one central location, it's impossible to give clients access without them having total access over the server - there is one daemon that is running all of the virtual servers. I'm pretty sure it'd be impossible for NFO to isolate TeamSpeak servers due to licensing and overall viability.

NFO doesn't do it that way:
Each TS3 server has its own process, so every server has the virtual server ID of 1. Our TS3 servers have the right privileges for guest accounts to connect and list the virtual servers, which is why most remote querying scripts work out of the box without needing to specify it.
http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =56&t=5005
I stand corrected :P, thought it would be running via virtual servers because of licensing for sure, though - just knowing how TS3 does NPL, but it could be completely different for a hosting provider.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

There isn't an advantage for commercial hosters to run TS3 servers in different processes.

We don't offer FTP for TS3. It isn't needed and would open up security concerns.