Murmur/Mumble Issue: Server presented a Certificate which Fa

Lethallady
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Murmur/Mumble Issue: Server presented a Certificate which Fa

Post by Lethallady »

I recently purchased a year subscription to Mumble and went to set it up. I did what I was instructed to do in the email I received from you guys and even uninstalled/installed Mumble a few times to be sure I had done it correctly, etc. but none of that mattered. I was still having the same problem!

After I set up my server and tried to connect, I was getting an error, which went as follows:

Server Presented a Certificate which failed verification...
The specific errors with this certificate are:

1. The host name did not match any of the valid hosts for this certificate.
2. The certificate is self-signed and untrusted.

Do you wish to accept this certificate anyway? (It will also be saved so you won't be asked again.)

Yes No View Certificate

I even attempted to use the certificate wizard and made my own certificate, but that didn't affect anything. I am too scared to accept this certificate, especially after watching several how-to videos where no one had this issue when they were setting up their Mumble.

What do I do to make this work? It is saying that the SSL verification is failing in my attempts log. How do I fix the SSL?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Murmur/Mumble Issue: Server presented a Certificate whic

Post by Edge100x »

Yes, you would be safe to accept that.

Murmur generates its own self-signed certificate, which isn't signed by a central authority. After you accept it, you will be notified if it changes again, which would potentially represent a security issue (a man-in-the-middle attack), but there is no problem with accepting it up-front.