TS3 Server Update?

Gliger
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

TS3 Server Update?

Post by Gliger »

I'm just wondering if there was a way to update TS3 Servers, I couldn't find anything in the control panel. My current one is running 3.0.10.3 on Linux while their website shows 3.0.11.2 is available for Linux servers. Thanks!
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: TS3 Server Update?

Post by kraze »

Any TS3 updates would need to be applied by us globally. We also generally hold off on doing single VOIP updates and instead try to group a few together, unless they fix a crucial security bug or stop clients from connecting.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

Kraze, the 3.0.11.2 update fixes an exploit in the server that allows clients to crash it.

We had a client that has been crashing our TS3 server the past few days, at first we though it was just a random thing, but after it happening multiple times in the past few days, we investigated.

Our logs showed this as the last line before the crash:

Code: Select all

2015-01-10 13:43:42.066160|CRITICAL|ParamParser   |   | Assertion "positionHint <= m_MyPiece.m_paramSize" failed at common/parameter/parameterparser.cpp:252; 
Googling led me here:
http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.p ... cpp-252%29

We just updated our server, and we are hoping this exploit that was used to crash our server was indeed fixed by the latest update.
Not a NFO employee
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

Sorry, to add to this, we were having the crashing issue on server version 3.0.10.3
Not a NFO employee
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

I was unaware of the crash fix. I'll pass it along and see if we can schedule an update.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Bubka3
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by Bubka3 »

It seems the update has been pushed but it's using more CPU?
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Bubka3 wrote:It seems the update has been pushed but it's using more CPU?
Yes, the overall CPU usage has been raised a considerable amount with this update. Likely not a huge amount for a single server but it adds up considering each location only has a single VOIP box. We're monitoring it for performance problems and if it's an issue we'll just split them on to multiple boxes or migrate to beefier servers.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

The CPU usage increase was a real surprise, as there's no hint from the changelog that this would happen, and we haven't noticed it with previous releases. We are hoping that it won't be necessary to raise prices because of it.