Team Speak Channels

Nomufftotuff
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Team Speak Channels

Post by Nomufftotuff »

Is there a way in TS3 that I can make a Time Out channel (which I did) and move a user into it and make it where he can not get out for a set time. Instead of kicking my admins and I will move a user into that channel to cool them off for a it if they start feeling froggy :mrgreen:

2nd question is I read a post about blocking someone spamming your channel on Ventrillo but not on TS3, what I am trying to prevent is on my old server I had someone with an IP changer hop into my TS and keep spamming over and over and over I want to know if there is a way to eliminate this?

EDIT: BTW if im logged into the control panel VIA work internet :D is there away I can edit/mod/move users to channels and their permissions or chat to them through the NFO control panel?
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Team Speak Channels

Post by kraze »

I don't believe Teamspeak has a way to do exactly this, but you could just temporarily remove the users move channel permission(i_client_move_power), or you could set the join power on the channel to anything above 50 and he won't be able to join it.

We also do not currently offer a way to move users between channels or edit their permissions via the control panel.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Nomufftotuff
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Nomufftotuff »

what about the spam stopper?
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

I completely missed that question, sorry. As for Teamspeak 3 spam. From my experience it really isn't a thing, Ventrilo worked a bit differently that allowed spam to be much more apparent, but due to TS3s design spamming isn't a real problem. You could always have real people spam the channel or what not, but your best bet to stop that is just good old administration.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

You can make a group in teamspeak and make their join power -1.

We use this and call it the "stickied" group. The user cannot move channels while they have this group applied. I don't know of a way to automatically remove this after a set time though.

I use a remote program to administer my ts3 server. I can't find the specific program I use, but its something like this: http://addons.teamspeak.com/directory/a ... Admin.html
Not a NFO employee
Nomufftotuff
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Nomufftotuff »

Thank you for all this info ill try that program when I get to the house and the STICKIED thing is a nice idea TY much :mrgreen:
Nomufftotuff
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Nomufftotuff »

Ok i tried it and no bueno still not working lol i have a test victim and it wont let me keep them there BUT i may be doing something wrong lol
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

I didn't set up our stickied group, but I assume its just the channel join power displayed here:
(This is a screenshot from our group).

You could also try setting i_client_max_channel_subscriptions to -1, that is what we have it set as too.
Not a NFO employee
Nomufftotuff
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Nomufftotuff »

worked great thank you
BTW is there a way to make a pop up screen so people have to read the rules?
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Yes, there is, but I don't know how well it will work out for a full list of rules. If you right click on the server name and go to "Edit Virtual Server" you'll see something called "Host Message" on the first tab. Enter the text you'd like to be displayed and then from the drop-down box select "Show modal message". This will cause the message to popup upon connect. There also may be a TS3 plugin floating about that can send messages to users upon connect, and with a little tweaking you could probably have the server PM each guest server as they join with the rules.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
Nomufftotuff
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Nomufftotuff »

AWESOME!!!! TY, BTW I made a sticky channel and I made it where people cant get out of it unless I pull them out for the life of me tho I cant figure out how to make it where my admins can pull them OUT lol, I do like it how my admins can put them in the "TIME OUT" CH. just for shiggles and they are stuck in it :mrgreen: