Hostbutton Icon TS3

It'sRandinator
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Hostbutton Icon TS3

Post by It'sRandinator »

Why can't I change the hostbutton icon on TS3?
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Hostbutton Icon TS3

Post by kraze »

The hostbutton is one of things we lock to being us since we're the host. Though, you can edit the "Hostbanner URL" and the "Hostbanner GFX URL" via the Easy setup tab.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
It'sRandinator
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by It'sRandinator »

kraze wrote:The hostbutton is one of things we lock to being us since we're the host. Though, you can edit the "Hostbanner URL" and the "Hostbanner GFX URL" via the Easy setup tab.
Whats the point of locking it?
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

That feature was put there by the TS3 developers for TS3 providers(like us), so it makes sense that we'd populate it with our information and lock it. The main reason for locking it is so people know who is providing the server. This can have several benefits, such as curious people who want their own server, abuse complaint submissions or reporting server issues.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
It'sRandinator
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by It'sRandinator »

I had to ask, I found it strange, I know other hosts have this option available so users can customize their servers to their liking.Just curious how would they know whos providing the server, if hostbutton is pointed at a clan website.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

This is something that we've locked from the beginning but may change. I'm not sure why it was locked and not the URL/banner.
MasterSeal
A regular
A regular

Post by MasterSeal »

*BUMP*

Contrary to popular belief I DO want your favicon on our Hostbutton URL as it's good for business and I'm proud to be an NFO customer.
There is however a problem...

-The tooltip works fine
-The URL works fine
-The Icon does not work http://www.nfoservers.com/favicon.ico (shows up fine in most browsers just not on the TS program itself where it should)

In the attached .png (via URL hence the file is too big for an attachment) you'll notice the tooltip still shows the ? instead of your icon even though from my control panel the URL is correct AND such.
http://df-gaming.us/support/images/ts3tooltipsnafu.png

I thought this should be brought to your attention. Thank you for everything you do for your customers!
D.
Relax, Reflect, RELOAD!
Public Teamspeak: ts.OutCastSnipers.com