Ventrilo Ports

Borealis
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Ventrilo Ports

Post by Borealis »

First off my apologies if somone else has covered this topic already.

Let me give you a basic rundown of the problem our ventrilo server (atlanta-ventrilo.nuclearfallout.net:6960) is working great for everyone except a user on Atlantic Broadband, who connects and starts off with a ping of about 40ms, but over the next couple minutes this jumps up first to 1k then 9k usually ending up around 23k.

We've switched servers around trying to find better routes, we started in seattle, then moved to the LA value, now were in atlanta location, all being great locations and working with low pings for usually everyone. After a couple hours of reasearching, working with the user to make sure nothing was interfereing (firewall has the port forwarded, QOS isnt affecting it, boosting cpu priority etc etc) I've come to the conclusion that the ISP might be catching it in their bittorrent traffic shaping, see'ing as how the port is smack dab in the middle of the bittorent range (ie 6881-6999).

Has anyone else had problems with this, or aware of a workaround other than changing the server port number, and is that even possible? she can connect just fine to a default or even a 4092 port from other groups.

Thanks and hope everyone is having a good new year.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

That sounds like a likely possibility. We would have no problem with changing your port if you need us to; it would only take a couple of minutes. Just fire off an email to rentals @ nuclearfallout.net from the same email address you use to log in to the control panel, and we'll jump right on it.