Ventrilo

crab
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Ventrilo

Post by crab »

Wondering if it is possible to host ventrilo on the gameserver or the webserver? Has anyone done it? Does NFo allow it?
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

if you have a good stable upload, those with like 384 kbps up cable modems, you are prefectly capable of hosting ventrilo yourself. It takes up nil CPU usage, just run it on a second computer in the home if possible

Nick
crab
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by crab »

since the cpu usage is nil, is it possible to run it on the gameserver? I don't have an extra pc to run it on right now.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We wouldn't be able to run it without charging for it since it does use a significant amount of bandwidth. Unfortunately, we also aren't allowed to charge for it according to the ventrilo license (without awkward licensing fees). We may consider charging for it in the future, and paying those fees, but it isn't possible in the short term.
crab
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by crab »

omg, more money!! Just kidding, thanks for the reply.
Anubis
Staff
Staff

Post by Anubis »

So dont host vent if its such a problem. Hook us up with TS or RW. Or do those have odd licensing fees as well? I could host a vent server but my connection is not 384, :cry: . So I have to look to you guys to brighten my day. :wink:
IRC @ #ruthlesslords on Gamesnet

http://www.ruthlesslords.net

rlpub.nuclearfallout.net
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

The answer is that it's a time issue for me. I can only add features so fast and at the same time support our services, while working full time for the Army.
Anubis
Staff
Staff

Post by Anubis »

Yeah, time is never on anyones side. :lol:

You guys must use an automated system for setting up servers though? I mean they, well mine, was up and running in like ten minutes. I wonder if something similar could be done with TS, RW or Vent? Assuming you did choose to offer it.
IRC @ #ruthlesslords on Gamesnet

http://www.ruthlesslords.net

rlpub.nuclearfallout.net
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

good man John would have to write it up, when he has the time, it takes a process to get this set up, then change the website scripting and such.

It has been on his mind for some time, do not worry.