Murmur - Random disconnects

Stoupe
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Murmur - Random disconnects

Post by Stoupe »

For the first 2 months or so my murmur server has been quite reliable. Within the past week or so there has been many disconnects, and reconnects and High Pings. I have been satisfied with the service til now. Its been disconnecting everyone back and forth (specifically registered members). It also took a new member of our guild 3 days to connect to the server. Everything was spelled correctly address wise, and port wise. The connection would just time out. I've read the memos of DDoS attacks recently to the chicago server, but this really starting to annoy me. Is there a solution to this? I would really like to continue to be a customer as nfoservers has been extremely reliable until now. Could my server be moved to another location to guarantee reliable service? Or can I expect the service to improve?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Murmur - Random disconnects

Post by Edge100x »

If you were having problems at the same time as the DDoS events, those would be the direct cause.

We can't do anything to predict DDoS attacks on our end; we can only respond to them, and we always do, quickly. This immediate reaction is part of what makes our service so good here. We also post Events when they occur, with details on what happened and when.

DDoS attacks that take out an entire location are still relatively rare. When they do happen, we tend to see a few in a row, and then they die out again for awhile. You can certainly change locations if you wish, but if your current location just got attacked, you're probably just as well-off to stay where you are.

DDoSes do not reflect a deficiency in our network, and they're something that you would see at any provider right now, and generally more at other places (since most do not have the bandwidth capacity and quick response times that we do). There has been an uptick in attacks since around last Thanksgiving, presumably because of the release of a new attack tool that allows for easy DRDoS attacks (http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =25&t=4960).

Your problem with a new member not being able to connect to the server across the span of multiple days would be a separate one.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Murmur - Random disconnects

Post by kraze »

Have you tried doing a restart of your server? Sometimes a restart or even stopping your server for 5-10 minutes can solve many unlikely problems. Just as how cleaning up your computer can make it run faster. Kind of the same response when doing this. If you still experience problems after doing what I mentioned above please send in a support request along with some trace routes to your server so we can take a deeper look.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!