Someone hacked my ventrilo.

Zoltex
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Someone hacked my ventrilo.

Post by Zoltex »

I have a ventrilo server through nfoservers, and someone was banned for talking a lot of crap and hacking in CS 1.6. he then relogged on with like 20 different usernames and spammed us with the join/leave sound. then he got on and crashed the server.

Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Someone hacked my ventrilo.

Post by Edge100x »

I would recommend restarting the server through the "Server control" page in your control panel, then logging in and then banning any IPs that has has used (you can find his IP(s) in the "log" file that is accessible via the "File manager" page). If he still gives you problems after this, please contact us directly using the "Help!" option in your control panel.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Hi,

I have actually written a good tutorial on how to stop this. Please go to the link below and it should help. Any questions you have please let me know!

http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =17&t=4924
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
dawnofviolence
A regular
A regular

Post by dawnofviolence »

ur allowing unlimited duplicate ips more then likely best way to stop this is to remove guest ability to first of all us Text to Speech and put the limit of duplicate ip to 2 or 3 in the event of a disconnect.
DoVGaming.net CSS COMMUNITY POWERED BY NFOSERVERS.COM