Mumble Server Logon

Brewe
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Mumble Server Logon

Post by Brewe »

Sorry to be the retard with questions, but here it is. I recently rented a Mumble Server for our guild, and downloaded the Mumble client for my Mac. Running the normal Mumble Client I can login and all is well. Running Mumble11x, another client from the Sourcenet site, I only get the error "Server connection failed: The remote host closed the connection." The main problem is that my guildies are trying to log in using the provided info, but get the same error. I'm sure it's a user error, but I'd like to resolve it. any help would be appreciated!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Mumble Server Logon

Post by Edge100x »

I'm not familiar with Mumble11x. Are you certain that it's compatible with the version of Mumble that you have selected on the "Server control" page of your control panel?

Are you able to have the other users just run the official client?
Brewe
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Brewe »

Apparently it was a certificate issue for the other users. It took some doing, but we got them all settled.

The email I received after placing my order had directions on what to do to set up the server. To change access to any particular login, the email instructs me to log in as Superuser and and give what access you needed through the Channel -> Edit ACL menu. The thing is, my mumble client that i was logging in with did not HAVE that particular menu. However, the download from Sourceforge also included a program Mumble11x, that did have this menu. But for some reason whenever I tried to log in with it, it would not connect. /shrug, it's just an obnoxious type thing is all, and as nice as it would be to have a solution, since we can all log in now, my interest in it is waning...
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Ok. I will have to take a look at the newer client and see what they renamed that menu option to, so that I can update the docs.
Colt
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Colt »

Any tips on creating admins would help too...

I got myself loaded in "groups" "admin", and loaded a bunch of other people, but i must have hit something and they no longer have admin....help ?
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

If you think you made a mistake and took their admin access away, the best thing to do would be to go back and check the settings again. If all else fails, you could always remove and add them back again.
TimeX
Colt
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Colt »

TimeX wrote:If you think you made a mistake and took their admin access away, the best thing to do would be to go back and check the settings again. If all else fails, you could always remove and add them back again.
Yup... @admin was removed. Thanks for the help.