TS3 User database export and import?

Harlech
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

TS3 User database export and import?

Post by Harlech »

Hi,

I am migrating my clan's server from a home PC to NFO (go NFO!) and I am looking for a way export the user database we currently have and import it into our sparkling new NFO server. We have about 100 registered users, and I would hate to have to catch them individually over the next month to get their permissions set.

If this is not possible, would I be able to MANUALLY create each entry? I have run into the user and Unique ID table and could copy and paste. Would rather invest an hour than have people trying to get in who can't.

Thanks,

Harlech

PS: I have looked all over, and there is a way (I am sure) to do an SQL query to do so, but I am no SQL expert (but I can get the required help I am sure). Do we have that level of access? I know we don't have direct file access.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: TS3 User database export and import?

Post by kraze »

There is really no way to do this from a client standpoint however John our CEO may be able to help you. Go ahead and open a support request asking for him and he can let you know if it is possible to do or not.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We aren't set up to do this from our end, I'm afraid. From a client standpoint, you actually might have some options, as there could be a utility out there that uses the ServerQuery system to export and import various settings, but I'm not familiar with any specifically.
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

Reading on TS forums, for windows you can copy all the files from one to the other.
But if going from linux to windows or reverse, requires a little more work.

Wouldn't you just need to copy over the ts3server.sqlitedb file?
It contains your entire configuration doesn't it? Channels, users, permissions, etc.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
Harlech
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Harlech »

Edge: do we have the ability to actually execute a write to the SQL database remotely? I am assuming that would be the purposes of having a white-list of the IP addresses for the query port.
squirrelof09
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by squirrelof09 »

Looks like you may have some luck with this little plugin on TS website.

http://addons.teamspeak.com/directory/t ... 2-9-1.html

I haven't done this before, but by looking at how it works, it should get what you want.

Get this plugin to recognize both servers, your home and NFO's.

Make a SERVER BACKUP of your home server.
Then Deploy the backup onto the NFO Server.\
But you may need to do some file renaming so that you can deploy it to the new server.

SOrry I don't have clear step by step instructions, I as I said I haven't done this before, but by looking into the server backup file it creates, it contains the whole server from groups, clients, server settings, etc. No file up backups however.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Harlech, I'm sorry, I clicked "Edit" instead of "Quote" on your message earlier today =\. I quoted what you said to me and replied with this:
sqlite is not like MySQL and does not allow multiple connections or remote connections. Only local software can use an sqlite database, and only one application at a time.

I was saying that the query facility could be useful because the channel, user list, and permissions could be read from one server by a utility and then written to another server, using built-in TS3 commands.
You also had posted something meant for Pain, but unfortunately, I didn't quote that and it was lost.
Harlech
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Harlech »

Thanks Edge, and everyone else that responded.

Well, I tied logging into the server with the client as serveradmin and tried to run a few queries via 'Tools > ServerQuery' and came up goose eggs.

I tried running something simple and non-invasive:

"logview lines=30
last_pos=403788 file_size=411980 l=\p\slistening\son\s0.0.0.0:9987 …
error id=0 msg=ok"

error id=2568 msg=insufficient\sclient\spermissions failed_permid=8744 (0 ms)
Total: 0 ms

and

"serverinfo"

"error id=2568 msg=insufficient\sclient\spermissions failed_permid=4621 (45 ms)
Total: 45 ms"

So it appears that running queries, even as the serveradmin via the client is restricted.

Oh well, I checked with the eggheads over in the TSForums, and they essentially said without doing backflips and going through several editors etc, there would be no way to do it. The only suggestion they have is to create privilege keys which will be a PITA for that many people, as they can only be used once.

In hindsight, it shouldn't be THAT hard a thing to do. Since the entire user list is available via 'Permissions > List All Users', you should be able to copy the first two columns, and import them. Even if you had to go back into the server groups and add the groups manually to each member, it sure beats creating a bunch of privilege keys. Certainly isn't NFO's fault, howerver.

Thanks again guys.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We don't expose the serveradmin account, so you'd need to log in with your own serverquery user and password: http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =56&t=4795. It could be that the tool you were using continued with the guest privileges when the serveradmin login did not work.