ACRE server side configurations

xProlithium
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

ACRE server side configurations

Post by xProlithium »

Hello,

I am attempted to setup an ACE / ACRE server on my dedicated box. I have the ACRE plugin on my client side computer, but I am at a complete loss as to how to setup ACRE for the Teamspeak 3 Server. I am under an unmanaged VDS, but I am wondering if perhaps someone can give me information from past experience or other means. I have attempted to find answers through all major search engines, but all that comes up is how to set up ACRE for your client side Teamspeak 3

~xProlithium
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: ACRE server side configurations

Post by kraze »

TS3 plugins are run client side, so those instructions you found will probably be of help. Did you read the readme.txt file included with the ACRE download?
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
xProlithium
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by xProlithium »

Yes, i read the instructions thoroughly, and it mentions nothing about any form of server side files.

Which is what makes me wonder how it works between TS3 and an ArmA 2 server, if there are no config files directing it to one another.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

xProlithium wrote:Yes, i read the instructions thoroughly, and it mentions nothing about any form of server side files.

Which is what makes me wonder how it works between TS3 and an ArmA 2 server, if there are no config files directing it to one another.

The plugin is most likely configured from within the plugins menu in TS3. As for how it communicates with the server, I believe you also have to have a server side addon installed to your Arma 2 server. At least that what the instruction said.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!