BF2/BF2 Demo

Edge100x
Founder
Founder
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Post by Edge100x »

They've also frozen ranked server provider additions while they find and fix the memory leak issue in the 1.01 patch. Hopefully they can take care of that by the end of this week.
efs-ChAoS
New to forums
New to forums

Post by efs-ChAoS »

Edge100x wrote:At this point we're waiting on the EA representative in charged of ranked server licensing to come back from vacation. He's been gone since the first of the month and should be back on the 18th.
Of course he is on vacation.. He probably bought his own island somewhere with all the profits they made from record sales.
ChAoS
Emerald Forest Gaming Servers
Official STFU Thread
Sledster
A regular
A regular

ranked

Post by Sledster »

Edge100x wrote:At this point we're waiting on the EA representative in charged of ranked server licensing to come back from vacation. He's been gone since the first of the month and should be back on the 18th.
Today is the 18th anyword yet..
Hope he didnt take an extended Vacation...
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

When we get word, we'll make sure to post about it.
efs-ChAoS
New to forums
New to forums

Post by efs-ChAoS »

ImageImage

ChAoS
Official STFU Thread
FlyingMongoose
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FlyingMongoose »

Drooling in anticipation...and impatience...
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

The ranked servers guy at EA has become impossible to get ahold of. He might be having some personal issues following his vacation, it's hard to tell. Others at EA tell me that he should be back and at work, but he isn't answering his phone, returning calls, or answering emails.

As soon as we get the ranked server files, we can put dozens of high-quality servers online. We have a large amount of spare hardware that we've set aside just for BF2 ranked servers, and right now it's just sitting empty and consuming power.
efs-ChAoS
New to forums
New to forums

Post by efs-ChAoS »

So basically they are letting EA sponsors soak up as much Ranked server sales as possible before they offer them to the competing hosts.
ChAoS
Official STFU Thread
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I don't know exactly what's going on, but the way ranked servers work does not involve payments to EA. And nearly every company that is running ranked servers right now is smaller than we are, so I don't really understand EA's motivation in not responding.
eLectrix
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by eLectrix »

You're getting the shaft - I'd be writing a letter of complaint now about how my competitors have the majority of market share because I have been ignored and left out of a major business opportunity. It's pretty shoddy business practice on EA's part.

It's very unfortunate because I want to have all my servers here, but I can't let some problem between you and EA hold me up forever. If I knew where to write, I would happily write a letter of complaint specifying how ridiculous it is to allow the coordinator for ranked servers to take holidays a week after the release of their product and wondering out loud if EA is somehow committing unfair trade practices by keeping a major market player out of the game (so to speak).

-e
To'mas
Founder
Founder

Post by To'mas »

Okay, this is the person that we have been told is in charge of the ranked servers for bf2 with EA gaming:
(name removed)
And his email is this:
(email removed)
We've left both voice mails and sent emails to him, one of which he made a response to before he went on vacation.
This post was edited because we did have communication with EA today.
Tom
Last edited by To'mas on Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sledster
A regular
A regular

I sent a email

Post by Sledster »

I sent an e-mail to that rep.
Dont think it will help much but strenth in numbers.
Soldiers start your emails to EA Rep.
eLectrix
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by eLectrix »

Done.
I understand you're the Coordinator for the Bf2 Ranked Server program. This is going to sound a bit odd, but I am writing with a bit of a complaint. I've been waiting now since the end of June to rent a BF2 Ranked server. I host 3 servers, 2 BF1942 and 1 BF2 unranked server with a company called Nuclear Fallout. I've been on them quite hard about getting the ranked servers up and running because so many other major and minor players in the gaming community already have access to this business opportunity. I've been patient because I've been treated quite well by this company over the last 1.5 years I've had my servers there.

It doesn't take much research to discover the Nuclear Fallout is one of the larger game server hosting companies in North America. So - I'm left to wonder why they can't seem to get into the latest, greatest business opportunity - offering BF2 Ranked Servers.

Notwithstanding any sort of complicating factors affecting licensing, I think it's unheard of to unwittingly cut out a major player from a developing market opportunity like this. Likewise, I'd be a bit surprised to discover that there doesn't seem to be anyone available to run the business of ranked server licensing so soon after the launch of a major product like BF2.

So, you can see my confusion and I hope my frustration with EA's seeming inability to bring a product completely to market. I hope that this situation is resolved quickly or I'll be forced to take my business to another server hosting company. This is the core of my frustration. I think it's ridiculous to be forced through what I perceive as inaction on EA's part to choose another provider which somehow has gotten their "licensing" taken care of in a more expeditious manner.

I appreciate you taking the time to read my comments.

Regards,

-Jon
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We finally got ahold of EA. Apparently they are not accepting more ranked server providers in the US right now, and there is a waiting list set up that we are near the top of. Someone else at EA is handling that part of the process.

I'll do some more digging and see if there's any other news to be had on when the waiting list will be tapped, and whether we can speed up that process.
FlyingMongoose
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FlyingMongoose »

All this sounds like bad planning on EA's part.